Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows will not update

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 turkey10

turkey10

• Members
  • 66 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:15 AM

Posted 17 June 2011 - 09:11 PM

I was having some trouble with my machine, SweetTech over in the Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal Logs forum was able to help me out with my troubles. The only thing we could not clear up was Windows can't update so he sent me over here. Here is the link to my post from over there so you can see what we did. My link. When I try to update Windows it says "Windows could not search for new updates". It also says, an error occurred while checking for new updates for your computer. Error found: code80070005 Windows update encountered an unknown error. Thanks for any help you my provide.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,738 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:15 PM

Posted 17 June 2011 - 10:13 PM

Try some advice from here: http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/itprovistasetup/thread/61ce9777-aaac-41b5-ac02-eae76759d1d3

My Website

My help doesn't cost a penny, but if you'd like to consider a donation, click DONATE

#3 turkey10

turkey10
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 66 posts
  •  

Posted 19 June 2011 - 05:08 PM

Thanks, I will check it out.

#4 turkey10

turkey10
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 66 posts
  •  

Posted 19 June 2011 - 09:13 PM

Tried several of the fixes in the forum you posted but they didn't work. Any other suggestions? Thanks

#5 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,738 posts
  •  

Posted 19 June 2011 - 09:16 PM

Try here: http://www.mydigitallife.info/fix-0x80070005-windows-is-not-genuine-error-to-make-windows-7-activated/
The error wording is different, but it's same error type. Go for it.

My Website

My help doesn't cost a penny, but if you'd like to consider a donation, click DONATE

#6 turkey10

turkey10
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 66 posts
  •  

Posted 23 June 2011 - 06:12 PM

Gave that a try but computer says it can't find the rsop.msc file. Thanks

#7 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,738 posts
  •  

Posted 23 June 2011 - 06:15 PM

Try here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/971058

My Website

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users