Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can't connect to some websites

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Gregavi

Gregavi

• Members
  • 37 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:13 AM

Posted 17 June 2011 - 07:08 PM

Hi, I'm running win 7 and often when I attempt to go to a particular website, it will be as if I am not connected to the internet. In IE I get "Oops! Internet Explorer could not connect to www.xxx.com". Netflix is one of the websites that I am often unable to connect to, but far from the only one. If I reboot, I will then be able to connect to all the websites that I was unable to before the reboot. And then, within an hour or so, I have the same issue. It happens no matter which of the 4 browsers I use (IE, Chrome, Mozilla, Safari). Sometimes (but rarely), I can't connect to a website on Chrome but can on IE, but mostly, if I can't connect on one, I can't connect on any. I have run Malwarebytes and it doesn't really find anything. Any help is appreciated.

Edit: Moved topic from Win 7 to the more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,428 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:13 PM

Posted 17 June 2011 - 09:19 PM

Hello. Clear web browser's cache, cookies, and history
reboot and see.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 Gregavi

Gregavi
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 37 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:13 AM

Posted 20 June 2011 - 11:33 AM

Thanks. I did that and it seems to have worked. I wanted to give it a few day to be sure, but since I cleared my browsers a few days ago, I have had no problems.

Thanks again

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users