Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Mouse problems

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 ZBoy

ZBoy

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:18 PM

Posted 17 June 2011 - 06:11 PM

Hi,
I have a Windows 7 operating system, and I am using a Logtech wireless mouse. Everything was working fine for like a year or more. Then a month ago, I was single clicking like I usually do then all of a sudden my mouse started to double click things. At first it did not bother me because I thought it was a glitch or something. Now this problem has gotten on my nerves. Every time I use the mouse it rarely single clicks. Plus, when I submit something on a discussion board for college, my computer does a double post I don't know if it is b/c of the mouse or my computer. And when I use a word document, I try to select a paragraph in my essay but my computer either moves part of my sentence or it highlights the first and 3rd line of my paragraph. Then, when I try to save the document by clicking the office button, the whole documents closes (I think that happened b/c my computer did a double click on the office button). The weirdest part is that when I look at Youtube videos and I right click a video to place it in a new window the box appears over the second video link. I just click the new window option. Then all of a sudden the window I am viewing is loading the second video. (by the way the first video did load in the new window)

Solutions I have tried:
if it is a hardware problem: I looked at the setting to disable the double-click option but that option was not available...I try to slow down the speed of the mouse and no change occurred in the mouse activity (by the way I did save the changes to the setting when I tried to slow down the mouse).

if it is a virus: I used my Norton and Spybot virus scan, but there was no virus detected. Also, my computer does not have any other problems so I don't think it is a virus problem.

To be honest, I think the problem is my computer because at the beginning of this year. My computer will not recognize my headphones even though I used it every day. I tried to roll over the audio device and install drivers. I basically did everything I could but the problem could not be fixed so I just accepted it. Then after 3 months of torture..I tried to plug in my headphones (I did this every day when the problem started) and it Worked! I don't know what happened but it worked....so it is possible that something is wrong with my computer...my computer is an emachines if you are wondering.

If you can solve my problem, I will be very grateful. :)

Edited by ZBoy, 17 June 2011 - 06:17 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 keyboardNinja

keyboardNinja

Bleepin' Ninja

• Members
  • 4,815 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:18 PM

Posted 18 June 2011 - 03:24 AM

Have you tried another mouse? It's highly likely this one has bummed out internally and double-clicks by accident every time you single-click.

Edited by keyboardNinja, 18 June 2011 - 03:24 AM.

PICNIC - Problem In Chair, Not In Computer

Posted Image Posted Image

20 Things I Learned About Browsers and the Web

#3 TheShooter93

TheShooter93

Cody

• Malware Response Team
  • 4,793 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:18 PM

Posted 18 June 2011 - 10:16 PM

It's highly likely this one has bummed out internally and double-clicks by accident every time you single-click.

Very common with mice, my money's on that.

CCNA R&SCCNA Security | Network+  |  B.S. - Information Technology | Security Engineer

If I am helping you and have not replied within 48 hours, please send me a private message.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users