I have a Windows 7 operating system, and I am using a Logtech wireless mouse. Everything was working fine for like a year or more. Then a month ago, I was single clicking like I usually do then all of a sudden my mouse started to double click things. At first it did not bother me because I thought it was a glitch or something. Now this problem has gotten on my nerves. Every time I use the mouse it rarely single clicks. Plus, when I submit something on a discussion board for college, my computer does a double post I don't know if it is b/c of the mouse or my computer. And when I use a word document, I try to select a paragraph in my essay but my computer either moves part of my sentence or it highlights the first and 3rd line of my paragraph. Then, when I try to save the document by clicking the office button, the whole documents closes (I think that happened b/c my computer did a double click on the office button). The weirdest part is that when I look at Youtube videos and I right click a video to place it in a new window the box appears over the second video link. I just click the new window option. Then all of a sudden the window I am viewing is loading the second video. (by the way the first video did load in the new window)
Solutions I have tried:
if it is a hardware problem: I looked at the setting to disable the double-click option but that option was not available...I try to slow down the speed of the mouse and no change occurred in the mouse activity (by the way I did save the changes to the setting when I tried to slow down the mouse).
if it is a virus: I used my Norton and Spybot virus scan, but there was no virus detected. Also, my computer does not have any other problems so I don't think it is a virus problem.
To be honest, I think the problem is my computer because at the beginning of this year. My computer will not recognize my headphones even though I used it every day. I tried to roll over the audio device and install drivers. I basically did everything I could but the problem could not be fixed so I just accepted it. Then after 3 months of torture..I tried to plug in my headphones (I did this every day when the problem started) and it Worked! I don't know what happened but it worked....so it is possible that something is wrong with my computer...my computer is an emachines if you are wondering.
If you can solve my problem, I will be very grateful.
Edited by ZBoy, 17 June 2011 - 06:17 PM.