Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows vista not running AT ALL

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Depraved

Depraved

• Members
  • 78 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:09 AM

Posted 17 June 2011 - 05:04 PM

Hi, my mom recently told me her computer was having some problems, I don't know what is wrong with it. I can't even get past the boot screen, it goes to the startup repair, and tells me that the problem cannot be fixed automatically. So I tried a factory image restore, and it won't even do that! I booted the vista installation disk and tried reinstalling windows, and it tells me theres a registry issue. I don't know what else to try, and I can't run any scans because I can't get to the desktop... any ideas?

PS I may not be able to respond within a normal time range, I'm never home or have time to get on the computer.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,123 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:09 AM

Posted 18 June 2011 - 09:24 AM

<<I booted the vista installation disk and tried reinstalling windows, and it tells me theres a registry issue.>>

The registry is a factor...only for an installed Windows version. Any indication of "registry issues" when trying to install Windows...makes no sense, IMO.

Unless you have hardware issues that result in misleading error messages...such as the CMOS battery or RAM may cause.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users