Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer Infected With Something

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 stilllady

stilllady

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:19 AM

Posted 17 June 2011 - 10:53 AM

My computer has been infected for about two weeks. It started with my user screen randomly turining black and all of my icons were missing. Next I kept getting messages stating that my computer RAM was critically high and that I was using too much memory. I have ran literally every program that I could find and have also updated Norton and run Malewarebytes and Combofix. My icons on my desktop are back but and I have stopped getting the RAM messages, but I still can not run any Windows updates snd whenever I search online my computer keeps redirecting me to different websites. My desktop is still black, my start menu is empty and I can not make any changes to my user accounts. Many of my files are empty as well. Please help!

Edited by hamluis, 17 June 2011 - 11:20 AM.
Moved from MRL to AII, no logs.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,411 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:19 AM

Posted 17 June 2011 - 11:23 AM

Your post has been moved, since you posted no malware logs with your narrative.

If you have a ComboFix log, I suggest that add it to your topic in AII. Someone will then merge the two and move that topic back to the Malware Removal Logs forum.

You might also review the Preparation Guide, Before Using Malware Removal Tools and Requesting Help - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic34773.html , a prime step for anyone who wants to post in the MRL forum.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users