Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

missing c drive

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 ineedalotofhelp

ineedalotofhelp

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:32 PM

Posted 17 June 2011 - 09:39 AM

I want to install windows 7, but when i choose the upgrade option the computer says i dont have enough space.
i have over 100 free gB on my c drive so i no this is not the real problem.
i cannot identity my c drive in this process or in the device manager or disk management.
ive been getting attacked by virus's, but cannot run a full scan of avast or malewarebytes because my computer always restarts in the middle of these processes or from the blue screen (normally).
i also have a redirect problem with google.
i want to run combofix to see if that can actually finish a scan on my computer :(

I NEED A LOT OF HELP!!!

Edited by Blade Zephon, 17 June 2011 - 10:54 AM.
Moved to AII as no logs provided and Prep Guide not followed. ~BZ

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Blade

Blade

Strong in the Bleepforce

• Site Admin
  • 12,704 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:32 PM

Posted 17 June 2011 - 10:55 AM

Hello.

Please follow the instructions in This Guide starting at Step 6.

Once the proper logs are created, then make a NEW TOPIC and post it HERE Please include a description of your computer issues and what you have done to try to resolve them.

If you can produce at least some of the logs, then please create the new topic and explain what happens when you try to create the log(s) that you couldn't get. If you cannot produce any of the logs, then still post the topic and explain that you followed the Prep. Guide, were unable to create the logs, and describe what happens when you try to create the logs.

~Blade

Posted Image

If I am helping you, it has been 48 hours since your last post, and I have yet to reply to your topic, please send me a PM
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook
Follow us on Twitter!
Circle us on Google+

#3 ineedalotofhelp

ineedalotofhelp
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:32 PM

Posted 17 June 2011 - 12:18 PM

thanks a lot. i already posted these logs a couple of days ago but no one responded to that post. i posted a new topic with those previously recorded logs but dont no if i should make new logs. thanks a lot for your help

#4 Blade

Blade

Strong in the Bleepforce

• Site Admin
  • 12,704 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:32 PM

Posted 17 June 2011 - 02:59 PM

Ah, I see.

My apologies for the confusion.

While we understand your frustration at having to wait, please note that BleepingComputer deals with several hundred requests for assistance such as yours on a daily basis. As a result, our backlog is quite large, as are those of other comparable sites that help members with malware issues. Athough our MRT staff work on hundreds of requests each day, they are all volunteers who contribute to helping members as time permits. No one is paid by BleepingComputer for their assistance to our members.

New and more devious malware infections are released almost daily. It then takes time for our Team to to investigate, analyze and test removal techniques before we can help members like yourself. Doing that means that we sacrifice speed of response for a quality response that will help remove the malware more effectively.

Further, our malware removal staff is comprised of team members with various levels of skill and expertise to deal with thousands of malware variants, some more complex than others. Although we try to take DDS/HJT logs in order (starting with the oldest), it is often the skill level of the particular helper and sometimes the operating system that dictates which logs get selected first. Some infections are more complicated than others and require a higher skill level to remove. Without that skill level attempted removal could result in disastrous results. In other instances, the helper may not be familiar with the operating system that you are using, since they use another. In either case, you wouldn't want someone to assist you who is not familiar with your issue and attempt to fix it, would you?

Please be patient. It may take a while to get a response but your log will be reviewed and answered as soon as possible.We have mechanisms in place to prevent logs from being overlooked, so do not worry that you have been forgotten.

We have special mechanisms in place to prevent topics from being overlooked and every topic receives a reply in time; so do not worry that you have been overlooked. Currently there is about a 8-10 day wait for assistance; you have waited for about a day and a half. We apologize for any inconvenience, and assure you that someone will be with you as soon as possible.

We greatly appreciate your patience.

To avoid any confusion, this topic will now be closed, and will probably disappear in the next day or so. I have also deleted all your other duplicate topics except for your original one, located at http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic404115.html

~Blade

Edited by Blade Zephon, 17 June 2011 - 03:01 PM.

Posted Image

If I am helping you, it has been 48 hours since your last post, and I have yet to reply to your topic, please send me a PM
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook
Follow us on Twitter!
Circle us on Google+

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users