Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Norton Issues

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 kemi32

kemi32

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:14 AM

Posted 08 January 2006 - 04:20 PM

I am having problems with my Norton Antivirus/Internet Security 2005 software. Whenever I try to attempt a scan no window opens. I open the task manager and find that the file NAVW32.exe is shown to be running. If I try to scan again still nothing happens but in the process's menu an additional NAVW32.exe is shown to be running. I checked my records and the last succesful scan was about a month ago 12/14. Anyway I hope this is something simple. Thanks in advance for any help that you can offer.

[Moderator edit: moved post to more appropriate forum. jgweed]

Edited by jgweed, 08 January 2006 - 04:56 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Uraiser

Uraiser

• Members
  • 254 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:14 AM

Posted 10 January 2006 - 10:45 AM

It seems as though NAV has alot of issues. Do you have any other anti virus software running on your machine? If you do, they can conflict, therefore it is only recommended to have one anti virus at all. If you think you might be infected, you can try an online virus scan at www.trendmicro.com. Or you can submit a hijackthis log to the HJT forum. I suggest going there and reading the forum rules, they are very strict over there. Im sorry for my lack of specific links, but as usual Im at school. My suggestion is to get rid of NAV, virii writers these days tend to target norton thus most of the virii, trojans and worms are able to get through your protection. I suggest you use AVG free computer virus scan. you can find it here at www.grisoft.com. again, sorry for lack of any specific links. You'll want to uninstall NAV completely, reboot, and then install it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users