Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Vcclient.exe-application Error-help Wanted.

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Juan Carlos

Juan Carlos

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:31 AM

Posted 08 January 2006 - 04:02 PM

Hi, I'm new to PC's. I got a computer that apparently didn't have any antivirus protection , so obviously it got infected with spyware. I Installed and run different spyware programs, like spybot, spy doctor...etc. Those programs found a lot, and I mean a lot of spyware in my comp. and apparently deleted almost all of it. Now when I start up the comp the screen goes blank sometimes, when it doesn't, I can't run any programs, (already tried to install another Spyware program "Spy Sweeper" and it didn't let me do it) no internet, nothing and I get a message saying:

VCClient.exe-Application Error.

The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000135) Click on ok to terminate the application.

I have no idea what's going on here, so if you please can help me solve this, I would really appreciate it.

Thank you very much.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Albert Frankenstein

Albert Frankenstein

• Members
  • 2,707 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:31 AM

Posted 08 January 2006 - 04:42 PM

Apparently you have been infected with Surf Sidekick. Depending upon your level of expertise:

HERE is general info regarding VCClient.exe.

HERE are Surf Sidekick self help removal instructions.

--- OR ---

For help with removing your infection I would like to refer you to the Highjack This (HJT) forum here at BleepingComputer.com:

First: Read the Preparation Guide found HERE. It is very important that you follow ALL of the instructions found within. (There are many important steps in this guide that may clean your computer.)

Second: Post your system information along with a brief description of the problems you are having, and your HJT log in the HJT forum found HERE.

NOTE: Please, after you post your HJT log DO NOT make another post in the HJT forum until it has been responded to by a member of the HJT Team. The first thing they look for, when looking for logs to reply to, is 0 replies. If you make another post there will be 1 reply. The team member glancing over the replies might think someone is already helping you out and will not respond. So, just make your post and let it sit there until a team member responds. The volunteers who work that forum are very busy, so please be patient and wait for a response. It can sometimes take a few days.

Third: If, after finishing your work with the folks at the HJT forum you have issues with XP related to the removal of the infection, then come back in here and let us help you get your computer back to normal.

You are in good hands! Good luck!
ALBERT FRANKENSTEIN
I'M SO SMART IT'S SCARY!

Currently home chillin' with the fam and my two dogs!

#3 curio

curio

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:31 AM

Posted 12 January 2006 - 06:39 AM

Hi all,

I have also been infected as Juan Carlos with vcclient.exe, and I get the same error message

VCClient.exe-Application Error.

The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000135) Click on ok to terminate the application.

when starting the PC. Afterwards is blocked and does not let me access anything. How can I remove it when I cannot access Mycomputer? What can I do?

THANKS
desperate - Curio

#4 oklahoma

oklahoma

• Banned
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 12 January 2006 - 01:41 PM

I was just reading over some of your problems and you may want to check out this site for some answers. I had a friend tell me about it and purchased some of the products and have been really happy with it. windowserroronline

//Mod edit: This is a site known to have at least one rougue listed program.

Do not act upon this advice!

Edited by KoanYorel, 13 January 2006 - 03:55 AM.

#5 rigel

rigel

FD-BC

• Members
  • 12,944 posts
  •  

Posted 12 January 2006 - 03:22 PM

Hi Juan Carlos,

I would follow the advice given by Albert Frankenstein. The products and methods refered to in his post have been thoroughly tested and are approved by this forum. They are also free.

No disrespect to oklahoma, but one of the three products listed from his link- Spyware Snooper is also listed on the The Spyware Warrior List of Rogue/Suspect Anti-Spyware Products & Web Sites Its listing makes me leery of the other two mentioned. In due fairness, I have not found anything that suggests anything bad about PC Power Suite, or Bug Doctor.

The best policy is to do your research before downloading anything.

Good luck with your fix...

Rigel

"In a world where you can be anything, be yourself." ~ unknown

"Fall in love with someone who deserves your heart. Not someone who plays with it. Will Smith

#6 -David-

-David-

• Members
  • 10,603 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:31 AM

Posted 12 January 2006 - 03:31 PM

Hi there guys.

Just to let everyone know to stay quite clear of PC Bug Doctor. I've had users with bad experiences with it. I remember seeing a question posted at daniweb asking about it. I just found it here.

David :thumbsup:

#7 Juan Carlos

Juan Carlos
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:31 AM

Posted 13 January 2006 - 12:05 AM

Hi all, and first, l thanks for your help.

Ok, here's the deal, I was reding Curio's reply:

"when starting the PC. Afterwards is blocked and does not let me access anything. How can I remove it when I cannot access Mycomputer? What can I do?"

well the same exact thing happens to me, so WHAT CAN WE DO?? I tried to run Hijacker and didn't let me, same with any other anty-spyware.
The comp just starts, error message appears, and screen goes blank. Sometimes screen stays normal but can't run any program, nothing, NADA, NIET.....!!!
A new thing happened today a DLL or DDL message appeared also (No idea what that is)

So I'm lost here and about to smash the laptopt against the wall (ja, ja..), if you know something else we can do, it would be really helpfull.

Thank you all.

JC

#8 Albert Frankenstein

Albert Frankenstein

• Members
  • 2,707 posts
  •  

Posted 18 January 2006 - 01:14 PM

Hi, sorry I have been absent for so long, but let's try a few things.

Can you boot into 'safe mode'?

Here is how to do that: Reboot your computer and hit the F8 button as it is booting. You should come to a screen that gives you many options, one of which is 'Safe Mode'. Use your up and down arrow buttons to select 'Safe Mode' and then hit enter.

If you are able to do this, then run the antivirus and antispyware programs that you have already successfully installed on your computer, write down the things that they find and let us know how you made out.
ALBERT FRANKENSTEIN
I'M SO SMART IT'S SCARY!

Currently home chillin' with the fam and my two dogs!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users