Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows XP Rebooting after the loading screen

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 a7xbf1942

a7xbf1942

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:49 PM

Posted 16 June 2011 - 06:39 PM

just so u know im not very good with computers so u may need to simplify everything

ok, so to start out, the crappy computer is an HP that uses Windows XP with Service Pack 3. so, heres my problem, just a couple of months ago my normal computer stopped starting and it was pretty old so i just figured the thing had enough. so, after i took out my very old computer from like 2001 and used that for a while, then just a few days ago i was starting it up, like usual, and it told me to do a disk check. i thought nothing of it because its done it before, so after that it went to the loading screen and after it was done, it rebooted, then it normally started up, went to the loading screen, nd did the same thing again
any help with this would be appreciated

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 AustrAlien

AustrAlien

Inquisitor

• Members
  • 6,772 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:49 AM

Posted 17 June 2011 - 01:52 AM

Hello and :welcome: to the BC forums.

Please do the following:

Get a look at the error message presented by the BSOD (blue screen of death) ....
  • Start tapping the F8 key after you press the ON button, and continue tapping until you are presented with the "Windows Advanced Options Menu" screen.

Posted Image
  • Use the UP/DOWN arrow keys to select "Disable automatic restart on system failure" and press the <ENTER> key.
  • Your system will attempt to restart normally, but when it crashes, it will not re-start: Instead, you will see a BSOD with error message.

Posted Image
  • Record the error message details, and post in your reply to this thread.

AustrAlien
Google is my friend. Make Google your friend too.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users