Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Csrvs.exe Deleted

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 icteach

icteach

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:20 AM

Posted 08 January 2006 - 03:32 PM

Updated antivirus and ran it. Found 4 viruses which I deleted - one of which was in csrvs.exe. Have since bought new printer (HP PSC1402) and can't finish installation because 'configuration register key cannot be written'. The computer is an IBM Thinkpad 390X running Window 2000. Any ideas what the .exe file does? Any help on what to do to install the printer? Many thanks for any assistance.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 randyrayd

randyrayd

• Members
  • 91 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:20 AM

Posted 11 January 2006 - 08:41 PM

The only thing I can find out is csrvs.exe is associated with a virus primarily gotten from AIM when opening "I found your picture" attachment or something of the sort.

I do not believe it has anything to do with M$ operating systems. I'm not an expert, but no one else has posted anything.

If you Google "csrvs.exe" you will find the fixes for similar problems very complicated and involving Hijack This with lots of feedback from those familar with HJT.

I am not a moderator and can't suggest you move this to the Security Forum, but maybe one will read this and suggest the same.

You might want to try some registry repair tools and be able to install your printer. I can't personally suggest one as I haven't used any, only a registry cleaner.

This isn't much, but more than what was.

rd

#3 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:20 AM

Posted 11 January 2006 - 09:38 PM

Run both Adaware and Spybot Search and Destroy using safe mode, updating each program before you scan and setting both to fix what they find.

If you don’t already have these anti-malware freeware applications, you can download them at the following links:

*AdAware SE: http://www.lavasoftusa.com/software/adaware/

*Spybot S&D: http://www.safer-networking.org/en/index.html

Following that, if your problem is not completely resolved, I suggest you post a “HijackThis” log for expert assistance with your problem following the instructions below.

Please read the pinned post in our “HijackThis” forum, here
Carefully read and follow all directions explicitly.

Following instructions, run a HJT log and post it in our HJT forum, at this link.

Do not as yet attempt to fix anything by yourself using Hijack This.

A member of our HJT Team will analyze your log, make recommendations and offer assistance.

It may take a short period of time to get a response to the log you posted because the members of our HJT Team are kept very busy.
Please be patient as this team is manned by volunteers. They will help you as soon as possible.

NOTE
Once you have posted your HJT log, please DO NOT make any additional posts in the HJT thread in which you posted your log until you get a response from a member of our HJT expert team.

The first criteria they have when looking for logs that need replies are posts showing 0 replies. If you make an additional post, it will show as having 1 reply.

A team member, looking to see if a reply has been made might well assume another HJT Team member is already assisting you and might not open the thread to respond.

So, make your post and wait for a response from a team member.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users