Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Code 43 and USB device issues

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Teach2Reach7

Teach2Reach7

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:53 AM

Posted 16 June 2011 - 01:21 PM

Hope someone can help me figure this issue out. Recently began having issues with my Globetrotter USB Mobile Internet device from ATT. ATT has been eliminated as the issue, and I am now pretty sure it is a Windows 7 issue.

The device works for a while and then suddenly stops, and then I get a code that says it can perform better in a different port, or it says that USB device is not recognized, or I get the Code 43, Windows has disabled the device.

I "tricked" it by trying to use a different flash drive device and it worked, I was then able to activate the Globetrotter and it worked for a little while, then stopped again.

Is this a virus? If so or if not, what is the issue and how can it be resolved?

Thank you so much for any help you can give.

Karen

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Jacee

Jacee

Bleeping around

• Malware Response Team
  • 3,716 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:53 AM

Posted 17 June 2011 - 10:59 AM

Have you updated the driver?

MS_MVP.gif
MS MVP Windows-Security 2006-2016
Member of UNITE, the Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

Admin PC Pitstop

#3 Teach2Reach7

Teach2Reach7
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 17 June 2011 - 01:50 PM

I tried that; it said it was already updated.

Ok today it is working,and the laptop is recognizing the device, but it keeps getting booted off...one minute it's fine and I hear the sound of hardware detected and minutes later it malfunctions. I tried working with Toshiba today but they do not believe it is a problem with their laptop.

If anyone else has had this issue, please let me know what I should do. I also updated the BIOS for this Toshiba model thinking it might help, but the issue is still there.

I read that I can uninstall all USB drivers and reboot and reinstall and that might help, but I am afraid to do that.

Help!!

#4 ihateearthlink

ihateearthlink

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 18 June 2011 - 06:02 PM

I don't have answers - only more problems. Flash drives will not work on either my husband's new Dell desktop with Windows 7 Professional or my new Dell laptop with Windows 7 Home Premium. Other devices such as mice, keyboards, cameras work. The flash drives have worked temporarily on both computers. A guy from Iyogi reinstalled the root hub on my husband's computer. Flash drives worked perfectly right after that, but not before and and not now. I don't get it.

#5 Teach2Reach7

Teach2Reach7
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 21 June 2011 - 02:58 PM

update:. I uninstalled and reinstalled the USBs, I have pretty much done every suggested fix from Windows and Toshiba and the issue is still there.

I am thinking I need new USB ports but i find that odd because I rarely use them.

If anyone can think of anything I have not done, please help. I really don't want to have to buy a new laptop as I have only had this one a little over a year.

Thank you so much.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users