Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

yahoo webmail Composition screen fails to send

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 cafejose

cafejose

• Members
  • 1,148 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:54 AM

Posted 16 June 2011 - 11:24 AM

This is a problem which occurs on only one of the four machines where I am.

The webmail, Compose screen in Yahoo! Mail Classic looks incomplete (missing the formatting tools), mail fails to be sent when Send button is clicked (showing, "Loading..." at top of screen but then disappears), and the Mail tab fails to bring screen to the main Mail screen. As I say, there are four well-working computers here, all with IE 8 or 9, but this problem only happens on one particular machine, not on the others.
Could possibly a setting in IE 9 or Internet Options be responsible for this problem?

Here is a screen picture of what the webmail composition looks like in the malfunction:

How do I put the image here? Bleepingcomputer is not letting me paste nor upload this image. The image is saved as jpg format on the machine. The image is not up on any webspace so I cannot show you the image. What it looks like is, the Compose Mail screen has no formatting tools in the toolbar above the Compose field.

...For the THIRD time, this is all I can do, since Bleeping Computer will not accept JPG file images, here are two hyperlinks to the screenshot:

Posted Image (I think I fixed it -AA)

Those should be accessible, since they are set as public.

Edited by Andrew, 16 June 2011 - 06:36 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:54 PM

Posted 16 June 2011 - 06:12 PM

Posted Image

I think they are limiting support for the older yahoo. And supporting the new version.

Edited by cryptodan, 16 June 2011 - 06:13 PM.

#3 cafejose

cafejose
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,148 posts
  •  

Posted 16 June 2011 - 07:23 PM

Nononono No, cryptodan,

I tried to explain this. There are FOUR computers here in use. THREE OF THEM display the Compose Mail screen in Yahoo Mail Classic properly and will send email, but ONE OF THE COMPUTERS displays the faulty Compose Mail Screen in Yahoo Mail Classic and will not send emails from this screen. If the problem were that Yahoo is trying to cut support, then the problem would be happening on all four of the machines, not just on one of them.

I have checked how the Compose Mail screen works in "Classic" on all four machines. This seems to be a problem with Yahoo Mail CLASSIC on one particular machine, probably also with the copy of IE 9 on this machine. (THE MACHINE IN QUESTION... but not the other machines).

Cryptodan, I hope I explained this well enough. Anyone else, if you are familiar with this problem and can give some useful comment, I am interested to know more. So far, Yahoo does not have an answer.

#4 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Members
  • 35,905 posts
  •  

Posted 16 June 2011 - 07:31 PM

Have you tried clearing browser and java cache in the affected machine? When both caches are cleared restart the computer and try viewing again.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#5 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:54 PM

Posted 17 June 2011 - 12:47 PM

What are the operating systems of each computer, and are they all updated?

Can you try using firefox and see if it happens?

#6 cafejose

cafejose
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,148 posts
  •  

Posted 17 June 2011 - 12:52 PM

Have you tried clearing browser and java cache in the affected machine? When both caches are cleared restart the computer and try viewing again.

Right! Done. Same problem persists. What we are currently finding is that most of the time mail will not be sent; occasionally mail does get sent, but the Yahoo! Mail does not give any indication that a mail was sent; so almost always, mail fails to be sent. Tools are still missing in the gray strip above the message field. The "Mail" tab still fails to return to the main mail screen also.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users