Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

IBM Intellistation Pro Z #6221 Hard Drives??

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 OldPhart

OldPhart

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:01 PM

Posted 16 June 2011 - 11:06 AM

I have an IBM Intellistation Pro Z #6221 w/ 2 Maxtor 6Y12oL0 120GB Ultra IDE Hard Drives. I ran some office diagnostics a couple of days that warned me about impending failure of one or both discs. The systems has scsi and raid controllers installed. I'm looking for advice on replacement hard drives ie; type and size. I'm running 32 bit w/ 4Gigs of ram and XP Pro SP3. I do a lot of Cad and graphics work. Thanks, OP

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,868 posts
  •  

Posted 16 June 2011 - 12:26 PM

ftp://ftp.software.ibm.com/systems/support/system_x_pdf/02r3035.pdf

System only reflects IDE/PATA hard drives, which are fast disappearing. At today's prices, I would find it hard to suggest purchasing such drives.

Best price I could find, http://www.directron.com/wd5000aakb.html .

Louis

#3 OldPhart

OldPhart
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  

Posted 16 June 2011 - 04:05 PM

Thanks for the quick response. My IBM has been a real workhorse. I want to keep it until doesn't make sense for me anymore. Thanks, OP

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users