Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Problem with NetGear adapter on xp but not on 7

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Madforit

Madforit

• Members
  • 150 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:50 AM

Posted 16 June 2011 - 09:00 AM

Hi.
I have just made a dual boot system with my win7 pc and installed XP SP3 Pro on it.
When I go into Win7 my netgear adapter works pergectly but when I tried to install it on Win XP it doesnt even recognise that it is plugged in but it does recognise my other adapter which i prefer not to use although I would if it was the only option.

The problem with the one that is recognised is that it doesnt seem to react to the drivers and I have tried doing everything the setup program says but it still wont work.

If anyone could tell me why XP doesnt even know that my netgear adapter is plugged in it would be great.

Or maybe tell me how to fix the problem with the other one ?? - It's a BELKIN F5D7050 Wirteless adapter.

Hope to hear from someone soon.

Thanks

P.S.

If I have put this in the wrong section then I apologise in advance.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,554 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:50 AM

Posted 16 June 2011 - 09:40 AM

FWIW: http://en-us-support.belkin.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/297/~/f5d7050-wireless-g-usb-network-adapter---drivers

Louis

#3 Madforit

Madforit
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 150 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:50 AM

Posted 16 June 2011 - 10:32 AM

I have sorted this problem but now got another one,,,Have put it in a new post.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users