Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows Icon Confusion

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Dave963

Dave963

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:49 PM

Posted 08 January 2006 - 01:41 PM

hello all

i am running windows xp MCE 2005 and was just fiddling about with the appearance (control panel>display>appearance>advanced) and changed the icon size to make them bigger, but then decided I didn't want them that big, so went back down to the original size.

They went down to their original size, but other icons, such as the ones in the system tray, the all programs menu and the quick launch have stayed really big and are all pixelated.

I know this isn't the biggest problem ever and you probably have better things to sort out than this... but any help would be gratfeully recieved. They look really ugly :thumbsup:

thanks

dave

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Winnipeg

Winnipeg

• Members
  • 33 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:49 PM

Posted 08 January 2006 - 02:52 PM

Hello Dave963;

Why not just use system restore, just restore your machine before you made the changes to your system.

Start > All Programs > Accessories > System Tools > System Restore

Click on the box that says > Restore my computer to an earlier time.

See if that fixes the problem

Winnipeg

#3 Dave963

Dave963
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  

Posted 08 January 2006 - 03:05 PM

I disable system restore. It's on my list of things to do when i set up a new PC. just see it as a waste of resources im afraid!

it's just weird that resizing icons will make quick launch, desktop and explorer icons go bigger, but when making them smaller, it only does the desktop icons :S .

has anyone else had this problem, is it common for MS windows?

#4 Dave963

Dave963
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  

Posted 08 January 2006 - 03:17 PM

thanks for the help winnipeg

I have manage to solve the problem. I simply switched my theme to the classic windows style, and then back to my energy blue theme. This refreshed it all and made all my icons return to their normal size.

:thumbsup: :flowers:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users