Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Trojan Horse Dialer.bhw, Got A Problem With This...

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 GuardianUltima

GuardianUltima

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:52 AM

Posted 08 January 2006 - 01:09 PM

I need some help here.
My friend has had two viruses on their computer, both picked up by AVG. They are both a Trojan Horse Dialer.BHW according to the info provided by AVG but searching on the internet, i cannot find the name.
One trojan is called rpcnet.exe, but the computer has rpcnetp.exe instead. It is apparently in the system32 folder but scanning the folder finds nothing.
The other is also in the same folder but is called NTAgent.
Can anyone give any help on this?
Cheers

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 50,560 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:52 PM

Posted 08 January 2006 - 04:16 PM

Download and scan with Ewido Anti-Malware v3.5
Ewido Install and Scan Instructions

Try the following online Virus scans:
[Watch the Address bar in IE. You may receive alerts that "This site might require the following ActiveX control...Click here to install...". Click on that alert and then Click Install ActiveX component]

Trend Micro Housecall Scan for Internet Explorer
Panda ActiveScan
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

#3 stidyup

stidyup

• Members
  • 641 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:52 PM

Posted 09 January 2006 - 03:30 AM

If you think you are infected submit a hijackthis log to the HJT Forum.

How to submit a hijackthis log

Download Hijackthis

Try running the following from safe mode (Getting to safe-mode) Sysclean you'll also need the virus template file from here lpt***.zip remember to extract the contents of the zip file into the same folder as Sysclean.com

or

DrWeb CureIT

or

KASFX which is powered by the Kaspersky AV engine, you will need internet access to update it. If you haven't got net access in safe mode, update it before you use it.

If your good with the command line also try Sophos Command Line scanner this command will scan all of your hdd's SAV32CLI.EXE -F -di -remove -dn -mbr -all -zip -p=avscanlog.txt and give you a log file to review afterwards.

Also try installing and running A2 Free and Ewido again run from safe mode.

I'd also run Spybot(Spybot Tutorial) and Adaware

If your using Win2K/XP run adaware/spybot from "safe mode with command prompt" If your using Win9x just run it from safe mode the command line options aren't needed..

At the C:\ prompt type the following:-

cd\
C:\progra~1\spybot~1\spybotsd.exe /autocheck /autofix
cd\
C:\progra~1\lavasoft\ad-awa~1\ad-aware.exe

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users