Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Stuck In Trying To Get Into Safe Mode

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 chongie

chongie

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:35 PM

Posted 08 January 2006 - 12:51 PM

Hi all, have been trying to9 get rid of spyaxe and spyware striker on my laptop.Following one set of instructions Iwas trying to get into safe mode- using f8 did not work , so i tried using system configuration utility ( folowing guidelines in tutorials) - the computer did not go into safe mode and now is stuck just rebooting to choices but not actually boot computer up.Now I can't get to start menu/desktop anything to try anything else! can any one help!
many thanks, chongie

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Winnipeg

Winnipeg

• Members
  • 33 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:35 AM

Posted 08 January 2006 - 02:29 PM

Hello Chongie;

Try this > Start > Run > type: msconfig > hit enter.

Click on the BOOT.INI Tab... If their is a check mark in Boot Options in SAFE/BOOT... Uncheck

See if this fixes the problem.

Winnipeg

#3 chongie

chongie
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 08 January 2006 - 04:04 PM

many thanks for ideas - however I can't even get back to start menu!

#4 Albert Frankenstein

Albert Frankenstein

• Members
  • 2,707 posts
  •  

Posted 08 January 2006 - 04:28 PM

I am a little confused. Could you please walk me through, step by step, what happens when you start the computer. What do you see? Any error messages? What does the computer do? Thanks!
ALBERT FRANKENSTEIN
I'M SO SMART IT'S SCARY!

Currently home chillin' with the fam and my two dogs!

#5 chongie

chongie
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 08 January 2006 - 06:09 PM

many thanks for replying.
have managed to shut down computer now , however when i turn on,compuetr goed t o "fjutisu page, then on to windows page, then to a "blue page" which says
"a problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer.
IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
If this is the first time you've seen this stop error screen,restart your computer.Ifthis screen appears again,follow these steps:
Check to make sure any new hardware or software is properly installed.If this is a new installation,ask your hardware or software manufactureer for any windows updates you might need.
If problems continue,disable or remove any newley installed hardware or software.disable BIOS memory options such as caching or shadowing.
If you need to use safe mode to remove or disable component,restart your computer,press f8 to select adavnaced start up options and then select safe mode .
Technical information:
***STOP:OXOOOOOOOA(OXF8A76354,OXOOOOOOFF,OX00000001,OX804E34DD"
This message stays up only for a couple of seconds then the screen goes blank and back to fjutisu page , then blank , then back to windows page then onto blue page again.
If I f8 just before the windows page comes up , i get the windows advanced options menu.
if i choose to start in safe mode , i then get a new page starting with "please select the operating system to start:", and "safe mode ( in blue) is in the bottom left corner.If I press enter to select , i get a list of "multi codes , then theblue page , then the fjutisu page etc...
It's the same if i select start up in normal mode or last configuration etc.
I can only turn off computer when i select disable automatic restart on system failure on the windows advanced options menu.
This all started as i was trying to remove "spyaxe" and spyware Striker" - had followed all instructions on site and was trying to get into safe mode to run smitrem" as in guidelines posted on site .
hope this helps-i've almost given up!

#6 Albert Frankenstein

Albert Frankenstein

• Members
  • 2,707 posts
  •  

Posted 08 January 2006 - 07:39 PM

Now THAT is a good post!!!! Thanks for all the info. It is as if I am sitting in front of your computer!
:thumbsup:

You are receiving a stop error, 0x0A. You can read about that error and possible causes and resolutions in the Microsoft Knowledge Base article found HERE. According to this article you may need to do a repair install of XP. Of course, you will need your original Operating System CD that came with the computer (it may say something like Restore CD).

Of course, you can always wipe out the hard drive and do a clean install of XP also, however you will lose all of your data and your settings this way. Another idea is to take your hard drive out of your computer, install it in a different computer as a slave drive, and then you can access it to recover your data before you try either repair option.

If you need more assistance along the way, be sure to come back and ask. When people ask a question in this forum we never know their level of comfort or understanding of how to do these various things, so again, be sure to ask if you need some more clarifacation on any point! Good luck!
ALBERT FRANKENSTEIN
I'M SO SMART IT'S SCARY!

Currently home chillin' with the fam and my two dogs!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users