Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Unknown problem when starting up and freezing a lot

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 bryan123456789

bryan123456789

• Members
  • 60 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:47 AM

Posted 15 June 2011 - 12:13 PM

I have a friend that is trying to solve a error on his computer.. it boots up fine but then after login its slow to load. and it also freezes in middle of nowhere sometimes.. now i may have like some or 1/2 year computer experince and i know how to get around certain things but not this one.

Dont i have to run the desktop in safe mode. (if so i forgot how to run it into safe mode) its a hp desktop windows pro. then what do i do from there? do i run a online virus scanner? < if so which one? i dont know if he has one on his desktop so i wondering if we should online trend micro check.

Also what else? i am not so risky meaning i am a little afraid about hijackthis or whatever you call it.

After the problem is fixed... how do i put the machine from safe mode back to normal mode?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,273 posts
  •  

Posted 15 June 2011 - 01:14 PM

What model is this HP desktop?

Have you checked the HP support page for the system model?

Louis

#3 ramiro junior

ramiro junior

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 15 June 2011 - 01:37 PM

I'am not sure about the problem.

#4 cogs10

cogs10

• Members
  • 104 posts
  •  

Posted 15 June 2011 - 03:54 PM

first you may try system restore (in normal startup), on a date that was before this prob started.
start/all programs/accessories/system tools/system restore (choose a highlighted date on the calendar)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users