Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

The Active Directory Domain Service is currently unavailable

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 leswolf

leswolf

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:52 PM

Posted 15 June 2011 - 12:02 PM

My HP Photosmart C7280 All-in-One printer is no longer printing unless I print a test page from within the HP software. I get the following message "The Active Directory Domain Service is currently unavailable"

I have completely uninstalled the printer, downloaded new HP software and reinstalled the printer. I am able to scan to my PC. My other printer is fine.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Leslie

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Layback Bear

Layback Bear

• Members
  • 1,880 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:52 PM

Posted 16 June 2011 - 09:42 AM

Is the 7280 selected as your default printer?

#3 leswolf

leswolf
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:52 PM

Posted 17 June 2011 - 07:38 AM

Yes, I've tried that too.

#4 garybeafl

garybeafl

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  

Posted 17 June 2011 - 03:41 PM

A friend of mine bought a new HP computer and a new HP all in one printer. He could not get the printer to print so he called HP. After the second call to HP he was told his brand new printer needed a update and he had to go to the HP website and download it and then install the update.

How bad is that?

#5 Layback Bear

Layback Bear

• Members
  • 1,880 posts
  •  

Posted 18 June 2011 - 07:24 AM

I'm presuming that you have the printer hard wired. You state you are able to print test page and can use the scanner their for you computer and hp printer can communicate with each other. Their must be some kink of active directory working. User Account Permission is the only other thing I can think of. It doesn't make sense because the user has permission to scan. Here is a joyful thought; go the H/P Forum and see if others are having this problem. I would give a try to what garybeafl posted. Has anybody been using any registry cleaners or tune up programs?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users