Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

google chrome & firefox

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 leeboy

leeboy

• Members
  • 62 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:43 PM

Posted 15 June 2011 - 09:04 AM

ive been using google chrome and firefox for months, but within the last 2 weeks ive had problems with both.

Google chrome started glitching and giving me 'page not responding. wait or kill' this happened for a few days. now when i open it, it doesnt connect to the web and i cannot access any of the options/settings.

A week ago firefox started hanging and i get a 'script not responding' message and it takes several minutes to close the program as it does not respond. this happens daily, although its only occurred whilst using facebook.

I have scanned my pc with malwarebytes, superantispyware, spyware doctor. also F-secure Blacklight and Sophos. all come up clean. i did however have the XP security trojan a few weeks ago, which i managed to remove with malwarebytes. although this left problems with file association and automatic updates to my PC. i have solved those problems with fixes i found surfing the problem.

The problems with my browsers started a week after id removed it. I cant seem to find a solution so far. I've tried disabling add ons etc on firefox but it hasn't made any difference. I have also uninstalled and reinstalled both browsers several times.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Edit: Moved topic from XP to the more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 cogs10

cogs10

• Members
  • 104 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:43 AM

Posted 15 June 2011 - 04:40 PM

try the adblock plus extension for firefox. if you see any ads, or the
page stalls on the ad while trying to load, add its address to adblock filter.

Edited by cogs10, 15 June 2011 - 04:43 PM.

#3 leeboy

leeboy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 62 posts
  •  

Posted 15 June 2011 - 08:45 PM

I am already using Adblock and Adblock plus.

i dont see any ads at all. they seem to work very well.

the main problem seem to be with facebook. maybe im noticing more on there as ive spent too much time time on there lately.

Google chrome still wont load at all.

Edited by leeboy, 15 June 2011 - 09:10 PM.

#4 mrfingerz

mrfingerz

• Members
  • 228 posts
  •  

Posted 15 June 2011 - 09:00 PM

Have you tried a cleanup maybe with Ccleaner or a fresh install of Firefox? Are you using both Adblock and AdblockPlus in one browser? Give NoScript a try, if you haven't already.

Edited by mrfingerz, 15 June 2011 - 09:05 PM.

It's nice to be important, it's much more important to be nice.

#5 leeboy

leeboy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 62 posts
  •  

Posted 16 June 2011 - 11:07 AM

i use Ccleaner regularly. and i have reinstalled both browsers several times.

i dont want to stop the script as many web pages wont work. the problem is the script is not responding.

i have downloaded and installed the newest versions of firefox and chrome, and still firefox hangs and chrome wont work at all.

#6 mrfingerz

mrfingerz

• Members
  • 228 posts
  •  

Posted 16 June 2011 - 12:40 PM

Does sound as if there may still be lingering malware issues. You could do a scan with ESET online scanner. (will probably take a while)

http://www.eset.com/us/online-scanner

See if that turns up anything. It's easiest to run this from Internet Explorer.
It's nice to be important, it's much more important to be nice.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users