Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Urgent Help Needed With Monitor Problem.

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 10rand

10rand

• Members
  • 123 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:16 PM

Posted 08 January 2006 - 11:47 AM

My monitor has a greenish film/layer over the desktop. This causes things to be fuzzy. I cannot see the words properly as I am typing this post right now. My monitor is a 17 inch Samsung Sych Master. Everything has loaded fine, and seems fine behind this film. Is this a graphics card problem? My graphics card is an nVidia GeForce FX5200. The day before yesterday and today, there has been a blue screen of death with an error message that there is something wrong with nv4_disp. Because of this error message I did a clean uninstall and reinstall of the latest Forceware drivers for my card. After this everything seemed fine. And Internet Explorer was noticable faster in loading web pages. Please help.
"The man who never makes a mistake always takes orders from the one who does."

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:16 PM

Posted 08 January 2006 - 02:47 PM

Have you tried to degauss your monitor? It sounds like you monitor is burning out.
"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

#3 10rand

10rand
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 123 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:16 PM

Posted 08 January 2006 - 03:30 PM

No, I have not degaussed it. I do not know how. Does it need special equipment?

Have you tried to degauss your monitor? It sounds like you monitor is burning out.

Is burning out bad? Does it mean, it is about to expire? [get finished for good] Thanks for prompt response.
"The man who never makes a mistake always takes orders from the one who does."

#4 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:16 PM

Posted 08 January 2006 - 06:33 PM

There should be a stting on your monitor to Degauss you moniter. Yes burn out is bad. Like a light bulb burning out. It's a very bad thing.
"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users