Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows Mail keeps popping up

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 MikeNorwich

MikeNorwich

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:35 PM

Posted 15 June 2011 - 04:27 AM

Vista 64 Ultimate, phenom 9850, mushkin pc 80004gb asus m3n HT mempipe deluxe

Hello,
I have had a problem with my pc for around 3 weeks. I have Mcafee protection running and use various measures to keep my system running smoothly. Anyway to cut to the chase I started having a problem with windows mail. It continuously opens up while I am working on tasks. It also sends me a message saying it cannot open as a precious version is still running. I sometimes receive this message very quickly and repeatedly of over 100 times. The windows mail I have reduced and put to the side in an attempt to ignore it. However it keeps reopening so while I am typing it breaks my type as I have to click on the screen to rid myself of the ever opening mail.
The steps I have taken so far....

-disable windows mail (this released a torrent of messages saying windows mail could not be opened)
-Full virus scan
-ccleaner software
-superantispyware
-vundofix
-malwarebytes
a reformat of hard drive
a repair from startup including bootrec mbr boot and mbrfix

The problem just keeps on recurring!
I do not know what to try next...

Any help/suggestions will be warmly received.

cheers Mike

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 RedDawn

RedDawn

• Members
  • 454 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:35 PM

Posted 15 June 2011 - 12:28 PM

Just a shot in the dark here, but..

Maybe a faulty keyboard, or stuck key, resulting in Windows Mail continually trying to open from a keyboard shortcut.

See if the problem persists with a different keyboard, or with the keyboard disconnected.

#3 MikeNorwich

MikeNorwich
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:35 PM

Posted 16 June 2011 - 02:35 PM

Hey what do you know :)

your lateral thinking wow!!!

problem solved thanks to you it was the keyboard....you get the genius award...ah it's the simple things eh...

truly appreciate your help as this has been bugging me now for some time!

cheers Mike

#4 RedDawn

RedDawn

• Members
  • 454 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:35 PM

Posted 16 June 2011 - 05:05 PM

You're very welcome, Mike.

Glad I could help :thumbup2:.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users