Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows XP Recovery (removed) + Google Redirect

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Cactuscat222

Cactuscat222

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:17 PM

Posted 14 June 2011 - 10:56 PM

Hello! I've been reading around, as I've seen this virus has been hitting a lot of people recently. I was first hit with the Windows XP Recovery Virus yesterday, ran MBAM and Spybot S&D and completely removed it, among other things, from my computer. I am running Windows XP SP3. I decided to make a topic because I wasn't sure if my case was any different, so I figured I'd rather be safe than sorry.

However, even after that fact, I noticed there was still a Google Redirection virus, along with a rogue "iexplore.exe" process that would return after being killed. I believe the two are connected, and I ended up changing the name of iexplore.exe to _iexplore.exe, killed the process, and it has yet to return, but I am still having the redirection problem. I've run searches through MBAM, Spybot, and Trojan Hunter (both in and out of safe mode), nothing has come up. TDSS Killer will not run. Any help would be appreciated!

Not sure where to start, but I have a few logs from MBAM and Hijack this, if needed, let me know. Thank you very much!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users