Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Galileo System Cleaner - Malware

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 bilbo123

bilbo123

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:07 PM

Posted 14 June 2011 - 09:22 PM

Hi, everyone. It was suggested on another site somewhere that I come to bleepingcomputer.com for help on this issue. I have recently been infected with a malware program called Galileo System Cleaner. It basically gives constant popups, fake system scans, and then blocks any web browser from browsing the internet with a fake proxy problem page. It restores its own files when they are deleted, and I assume it's gone pretty deep into my system. Do you have any advice on this issue? Please keep in mind that I have no experience or knowledge concerning my registry (or even what that is), and both ComboFix (run in safe mode) and Malware Bytes have failed so far. Malware Bytes did detect two problem files, but their deletion had no effect on Galileo.

Any thoughts? Any help would be wonderful.

Argh, I realize I just posted this in the wrong forum! Sorry, mods. Is there no way I can delete this?

Edit: Not to worry, moved topic from Win 7 to the more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

Edited by Animal, 14 June 2011 - 09:50 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 knerrd

knerrd

• Members
  • 35 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:07 PM

Posted 16 June 2011 - 01:25 PM

I am having the same problem.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users