Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Infected with Google Redirect virus (DDS won't run)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 Badbard

Badbard

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:16 PM

Posted 14 June 2011 - 05:01 PM

Hi,
I hope you can help me. I contracted the Google Redirect virus about a week or two ago. I have searched a number of boards and have tried a number of fixes already.

MalWareBytes was able to quarantine the trojan and I have removed it, I've also reset the script file yet problems persist. When using Google search results the virus tries to redirect my browser but MWB blocks these redirects so I do get to the right page (eventually), but everything is slow and seems to be getting worse.

After opening an account here I tried to run DDS per the sticky instructions but it doesn't seem to do anything.

I can send the logs from previous scans from MWB, Spyware Doctor, Spybot SD resident or Norton if its needed, though none seem to be detecting malware now. I've also run TDSSKiller and ComboFix in an attempt to clean but this is a persistent bugger! I guess that there are changes in the registry that need to be addressed.

I am running Windows 7 64 bit with Firefox Minefield (nightly) as my primary browser.

Once again, thanks in advance for any help that you can provide.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 gringo_pr

gringo_pr

Bleepin Gringo

• Malware Response Team
  • 136,772 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:16 PM

Posted 22 June 2011 - 08:08 AM

Hello and Welcome to the forums!

My name is Gringo and I'll be glad to help you with your computer problems.

Somethings to remember while we are working together.

• Do not run any other tool untill instructed to do so!
  • Please Do not Attach logs or put in code boxes.
  • Tell me about any problems that have occurred during the fix.
  • Tell me of any other symptoms you may be having as these can help also.
  • Do not run anything while running a fix.

We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.

Click on the Watch Topic Button and select Immediate Notification and click on proceed, this will help you to get notified faster when I have replied and make the cleaning process faster.

The first thing I would like you to do is run this for me - http://download.bleepingcomputer.com/grinler/unhide.exe after it is complete restart the computer and continue with these steps

Download and run OTL

Download OTL by Old Timer and save it to your Desktop.
  • Double click on OTL.exe to run it.
  • Under Output, ensure that Minimal Output is selected.
  • Under Extra Registry section, select Use SafeList.
  • Click the Scan All Users checkbox.
  • Under the Custom Scan box paste this in

%TEMP%\smtmp\*.* /s

• Click on Run Scan at the top left hand corner.
  • When done, two Notepad files will open.
    • OTL.txt <-- Will be opened and the that I need posted back here
    • Extra.txt <-- Will be minimized - save this one on your desktop in case I ask for it later
  • Please post the contents of OTListIt.txt in your next reply.

information and logs:

• In your next post I need the following

• .logs from OTL
  • let me know of any problems you may have had

Gringo

I Close My Topics If You Have Not Replied In 5 Days If You Will Be Longer Please Let Me Know

If I Have Not Replied To One Of My Topics In 48 Hrs Please Bump The Topic

My help is free, however, if you wish to make a small donation to show your appreciation or to help me continue the fight against Malware, then click here -->btn_donate_SM.gif<-- Don't worry every little bit helps.

Proud Graduate Of Malware Removal University

#3 gringo_pr

gringo_pr

Bleepin Gringo

• Malware Response Team
  • 136,772 posts
  •  

Posted 25 June 2011 - 02:43 PM

Hello

48 Hour bump

It has been more than 48 hours since my last post.

• do you still need help with this?
  • do you need more time?
  • are you having problems following my instructions?
  • if after 48hrs you have not replied to this thread then it will have to be closed!

Gringo
I Close My Topics If You Have Not Replied In 5 Days If You Will Be Longer Please Let Me Know

My help is free, however, if you wish to make a small donation to show your appreciation or to help me continue the fight against Malware, then click here -->btn_donate_SM.gif<-- Don't worry every little bit helps.

#4 gringo_pr

gringo_pr

Bleepin Gringo

• Malware Response Team
  • 136,772 posts
  •  

Posted 28 June 2011 - 02:48 AM

Due to the lack of feedback, this topic is now closed.In the event you still have problems, please send me or any Moderator a Private Message and ask them to reopen this topic within the next 5 days. Please include a link to your topic in the Private Message. Thank you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users