Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Blue Screen even after System Recovery

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 tmedernach

tmedernach

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:39 AM

Posted 14 June 2011 - 01:21 PM

Hi,

my computer is very sick, I am completely locked out, even after I performed system recovery.

System Information:

Acer Aspire 7720G
Windows Vista (most recent SP, don't know what it was since I can't get in but I always kept it up to date)

Background:

Might be unrelated, but I had Malware problems a couple of month ago. Upgraded to better Malware protection, cleaned everything out, and scanned twice weekly since then. The computer worked fine again after that.

Even more likely to be unrelated, but in the interest of full disclosure, the machine had started to overheat on occasion and I recently opened it up to clean out the fan and also tightened up all the screws. Overheating problem was resolved after that.

In the last few days, I got blue screens with Memory Bump failed messages (they went away quickly so I don't know the full text) on randlom actions, but most often when copying to external HDD. Usually, machine booted up again, with no lasting bad effects.

Today, it started looping into a different blue screen (it just says that the machine failed, might be infected and that I should clean up and try again). On start up, I am given the choice to do start normally, or clean up. Both option pretty much have the same result, windows loading screen for a while, then back to blue screen, except that in the first option, the blue screen just blips and it goes back to the start up choice, while with the second choice that blue screen stays up.

I had created recovery disks when it told me to during one of the first windows start ups and they had served me in the past, but this time, after running them, I get the exact same result. The Recovery disks don't give me any choice about HOW to perform recovery.
I think that is all the information I can give.

Is there anything I can do, or is this machine just ready for the scrap heap?

Thanks in advance

T.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 TheShooter93

TheShooter93

Cody

• Malware Response Team
  • 4,792 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:39 AM

Posted 14 June 2011 - 09:45 PM

What are the stop codes on the BSODs you're getting?

CCNA R&SCCNA Security | Network+  |  B.S. - Information Technology | Cyber Security Engineer

If I am helping you and have not replied within 48 hours, please send me a private message.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users