Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Denied access to a forum

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 trouble at mill

trouble at mill

• Members
  • 136 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:01 PM

Posted 14 June 2011 - 12:59 PM

Hello, I followed a link to a particular forum, but received a message saying "You have been denied access to this forum. The reason is that you are visiting us from a place that has been blacklisted as an open proxy. You have to fix this and return. If you want to know exactly where you are blacklisted, see www.tornevall.net/cqi-bin/ip.cqi.". I am not a member of this particular web site, and could not register even if I wanted to. I've never heard of this message before and don't really understand what is going on, can anyone shed any light on this?
Thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 NpaMA

NpaMA

• Members
  • 635 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:01 AM

Posted 15 June 2011 - 01:08 PM

Its exactly as the error says. You have been blacklisted because they detected you or your ISP using an "open proxy".

You can't really change that if its your ISP (well get a new ISP).

They may have also banned you by country (I block all of India from my site due to bots/advertisers) only the admin of that site will know.

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,548 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:01 AM

Posted 15 June 2011 - 01:26 PM

More detail, http://in.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20081216092012AA4yfMY .

Louis

#4 trouble at mill

trouble at mill
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 136 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:01 PM

Posted 16 June 2011 - 11:53 AM

Well, thanks for the help, I suppose I'd better just forget about that site then!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users