Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer keeps redirecting -

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 rupret

rupret

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:36 PM

Posted 13 June 2011 - 10:35 PM

I'm not really sure where to even start here. My kids use my computer for playing little games and things, and as of two days ago every time I try to do any kind of search the webpage will redirect to some mumbo-jumbo search websites. I have no idea what happened, but something is wrong and the redirecting is driving me insane. I use McAfee on this machine. I also have Malawarebytes, which I ran a search and it found 6 infections but those were removed and still the redirecting. I downloaded Spybot S&D, searched with that with no luck. McAfee has found nothing. Also had an old disabled version of Comodo Antivirus which I enabled and updated, and it found nothing, too.

I don't know a whole heck of a lot about what I'm doing. I know how to run a search, but if these programs aren't finding a problem then I don't know what else to do. A friend sent me in this direction, but I've read a few threads and even the instruction the fixes are a bit beyond my understanding. If someone is willing to help me, I'm going to need seriously broken down instructions. (Which, I'm really sorry about...I'll try not to be really obnoxious)

Thanks in advance to anyone willing to take on my sad story.

ETA - the problem occurs when I'm using Mozilla Firefox and specifically when I'm on Google page and click on one of the results. It doesn't happen every time, probably about 80%, though. I'm running Windows 7, not sure which version of that or how to find that information.

Edited by rupret, 13 June 2011 - 11:06 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users