Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows XP Home Back UP

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 darbie

darbie

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:31 PM

Posted 13 June 2011 - 07:35 PM

My home computer has been attacked by the XP Security 2012 Malware. I used your instructions to eliminate it but this has not worked as yet. The Malwarebytes program did find and quarantined a number of Trojans etc but the computer still sends me to unrequested websites and my AVG Anti-Virus Software keeps blocking new threats. So now I am following your "Preparation Guide befire using Malware Removal Tools" instructions but I'm stuck. I do not appear to have the ability to back up my files. My computer is a Dell and there was no Windows XP CD with the computer when it was purchased. I tried to find a download for NTbacku.msi but the MS website does not appear to offer a download for this. Am I simply not looking in the right place? Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Eyesee

Eyesee

Bleepin Teck Shop

• BC Advisor
  • 3,541 posts
  •  

Posted 13 June 2011 - 08:47 PM

Hello and welcome to the forum!

Basically, for safety sake, that would be the contents of the My Documets folder only.
Unless you run accounting software like QuickBooks, Quicken etc.

You can get a USB flash drive ad just copy and paste the files to the USB device.
It is for your own protection to have duplicates.
In the beginning there was the command line.

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,754 posts
  •  

Posted 14 June 2011 - 06:42 AM

http://www.onecomputerguy.com/software_download.htm , click Windows XP Backup button.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users