Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Page Explosion

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 boltBucket

boltBucket

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:24 PM

Posted 08 January 2006 - 08:10 AM

Ok here is my problem. On a certain website, college sport site. clicking on any of several links will cause it to start loading page after page of "item not found". It has been able to reproduce said page up to 68 times before I can get it shut down. I have not had problem with this anywhere else online. What should I report as happening? This must have a name so I can look fairly literate.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  

Posted 09 January 2006 - 03:51 PM

Could you give us the URL of the site, and the links that are giving you problems?
Is this the only site that gives you this problem?
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 boltBucket

boltBucket
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 09 January 2006 - 08:15 PM

Thanks. The website is [url=http://oklahomastate.scout.com/] This happens randomly on some of the story links and not others. We have purchased the premium on this page (alma mater and all that), so I don't know exactly what is premium and what is not so it may not do it for you. It has happened so many times that my husband doesn't even like to go to the site anymore. ($99 subscription down the drain) If you can figure it out it would be great!

Oh, it has happened one other time on another site, but it has been awhile and I don't remember what it was

Karen

Edited by boltBucket, 09 January 2006 - 08:20 PM.

#4 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  

Posted 10 January 2006 - 09:36 AM

If the problem is only happening at this site, I would guess that the problem is the site itself, or your browser settings as it relates to the site.
Have you tried contacting the site administrator about this problem?
That's the first thing I'd try.
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

#5 boltBucket

boltBucket
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 10 January 2006 - 11:38 AM

Oh yes, but they haven't heard about it from anyone else, so they figure it is me. I wasn't at all sure the webhead even understood what I was saying. Is there some "official" name I can give my problem?

#6 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  

Posted 10 January 2006 - 01:35 PM

I don't know, about any "official" name. :thumbsup:

Have you updated, and run your antivirus?
Have you run any spyware/malware programs?
What Spyware/malware programs do you use?

I'll assume you're using Internet Explorer as your browser.
Have you tried the site with a different browser, such as Firefox, or Opera?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users