Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Search Engine Redirects and volsnap.sys damaged

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 agoh

agoh

• Members
  • 36 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:31 AM

Posted 13 June 2011 - 02:39 PM

My Google and Bing searches began redirecting to other sites unless I disable Javascript.

I have ran Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and it found no infections.

I ran UnHackMe which has found a few problems but every time I restart the computer after a scan, it shows volsnap.sys has been damaged so every time I run the scan, I click "replace" for the file.

I have also tried running tdsskiller.exe but it will not open, even after changing the file name.

It seems the problem has gotten worse after I found the "Windows Recovery" Malware. I am in desperate need of assistance. Somebody please help me out.

Thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,577 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:31 AM

Posted 14 June 2011 - 04:38 PM

Is this the same computer as your other topic here: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic402581.html
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

#3 agoh

agoh
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 36 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:31 AM

Posted 14 June 2011 - 11:10 PM

Hi Budapest,

Yes, it is. But the problem with my redirects seems to be getting worse. I hope you have the time to review my logs.

Edited by agoh, 14 June 2011 - 11:55 PM.

#4 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,577 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:31 AM

Posted 17 June 2011 - 12:38 AM

In that case I will close this topic.

Please be patient. The current average wait time to receive help is 10 days.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users