Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Video for Business

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 SubMariner

SubMariner

• Members
  • 86 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:16 AM

Posted 13 June 2011 - 08:46 AM

In order to upgrade our email newsletter & blog, we would like to include a video. But we are pretty clueless as to the whole process.

1) We have a Flip Ultra HD video cam that we will be using for 30 second "commercials". Other than the editor that comes with the Flip, is there an easy-to-use video editor out there that is either free or available at a minimum cost? (Once upon a time there was a pinned thread about free programs but I don't seem to be able to find it anywhere since the Board was re-organized.)

2) Can the video be imbedded in an emailed newsletter that is self contained? Or does it have to be hosted someplace? Unfortunately, the people that host our website say they don't have enough server power to host videos for us. So what is our alternative? YouTube is NOT a good option for us as a business, because it shows "related" videos including what would probably be our competitors. Also we don't need people to be able to comment on the video, just watch it.

3) If the video has to be hosted someplace, where can we go that is cost effective?

Thanks in advance for all your help,

=SubMariner=

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 petewills

petewills

• Members
  • 1,378 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:16 PM

Posted 14 June 2011 - 11:25 AM

The freeware list is pinned at the top of Software - All Other Applications.

I've never managed to embed a video in an email; I've sent some as attachments, but this might not be practical
if you have a huge list.

I believe hosting is the best way to go, but I only have experience with Photobucket, which is free but limited.

Photobucket Pro may be worth a look, but check out the limitations there, even though you pay for that service.

Otherwise, Googling will put up several options; if anyone here uses a commercial hosting service, perhaps they can chip in.

#3 frankp316

frankp316

• Members
  • 2,677 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:16 AM

Posted 14 June 2011 - 06:21 PM

I think what he is looking for is a commercial video hosting service like Bright Cove.

#4 SubMariner

SubMariner
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 86 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:16 AM

Posted 23 June 2011 - 04:02 PM

Ok. So it looks like for the time being we are going with Youtube, but setting it so it is "private"& only "invitees" can access it. We'll see how this works out.

I'll update you as to pros/cons in the future. :)

Thanx,

=SubMariner=

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users