Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

ODB32 dll - not valid image - computer will not startup

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 gimpynihon

gimpynihon

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:29 AM

Posted 13 June 2011 - 08:32 AM

I am posting this question for my boss so I apologize in advance for any lack of details.
Her computer was recently infected with a virus and she took it to a computer repair shop to have it cleaned. They had to wipe the hard drive and reload everything. However, when she got it home and plugged it back in, all she gets is an error message that says 'dll c:\windows\system32\ODB32.dll is not a valid windows image, check against install disk'
When we click OK it just black screens and won't start-up.
The shop she took it to wants to charge her more to look at it again and says that she must have contracted another virus, but this began as soon as she got it home from the shop.
She has Vista Home Edition and I don't know the name of the virus the computer had.
Thank you in advance for your advice

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users