Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Please help, getting irritated

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 shivy

shivy

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:59 PM

Posted 13 June 2011 - 12:18 AM

Ok so a week ago, I got a virus that came up as Windows 7 System Restore. The virus basically infected my computer. My internet is still working fine. Some issues are that all my folders are hidden, my dell dock has disappeared, my desktop wallpaper is black and doesn't change. This happened a week ago, I thought I fixed it but it started back up. I have Malwarebytes and Windows Security Essential installed, I ran both on full scan and nothing was detected. However, every 5 minutes my security essentials picks up a virus and cleans it. I am not sure what to do, I think the virus is hiding somewhere, I just want to get rid of it and any other problem once and for all. I would really appreciate it. Im not sure what type of incentives you want if any, but I currently am a tax consultant, so if you need any help with tax issues I would be more than happy to help, just please help me kill this virus. I greatly appreciate it and glad people at bleeping computer can help computer noobs like me. Thanks

Edit: Moved topic from Win 7 to the more appropriate forum, at the request of staff. ~ Animal

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Pacs

Pacs

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:59 PM

Posted 13 June 2011 - 12:52 AM

Try this...

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/virus-removal/remove-windows-examination-utility

#3 shivy

shivy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 13 June 2011 - 10:18 AM

No this doesn't work as the popup/virus doesn't come up. Its not physically showing itself, I even know the files and their locations, since rkill stopped them, but they keep coming back to the folder after I restart. The only physical evidence is that the desktop is black and unchangeable and the folders are hidden, its so annoying. I know the first time I had it, these were the same problems, and then it just came back because I don't think I fully deleted it.

#4 Union_Thug

Union_Thug

Bleeps with the fishes...

• Members
  • 2,355 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:59 PM

Posted 13 June 2011 - 10:48 AM

1) http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic41987.html

2) http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/index.php?app=forums&module=post&section=post&do=new_post&f=103

#5 shivy

shivy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 13 June 2011 - 01:55 PM

Im not sure what you want? Do you want me to change my topic location, you just posted two links. I can be more specific.

I had this popup virus that came, I ran malwarebytes and though I deleted it. However it seems to have changed my desktop and I cant change it back. My dell dock is missing. The virus is still in my computer as all my folders are hidden and my dell dock wont show up, I also cant change my background wallpaper.
Here is my rkill log:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft\BingBar\SeaPort.EXE
C:\ProgramData\usoRDPRVVkvyke.exe
C:\Windows\SysWOW64\attrib.exe
C:\Windows\SysWOW64\attrib.exe
C:\ProgramData\38199032.exe
C:\Users\Shivam\Desktop\rkill.com
C:\Users\Shivam\AppData\Local\Temp\A57.tmp\pev.rkexe

Let me know what you guys think. I would greatly appreciate any help.

#6 shivy

shivy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 13 June 2011 - 05:21 PM

Another description is that I deleted these files rkill keeps bringing up, but the thing is when rkill says it killed off one of the files, I go back into the folder manually and I don't find it. The files operates but for some reason its not showing itself, and I search through the entire folder.

#7 jlocke1976

jlocke1976

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 14 June 2011 - 09:40 PM

you need to run unhide.exe and then follow the steps here http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic401172.html to restore your shortcuts

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users