Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Startup Files Not Found

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Firerock

Firerock

• Members
  • 123 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:30 PM

Posted 08 January 2006 - 01:04 AM

File not found: System32\DRIVERS\wATV03nt.sys and this file wanatwSystem32\DRIVERS\wanatw4.sys after runing autoruns . i am simple minded where do i find thes flags they talk about X ? N U Y. :thumbsup:

Edited by Firerock, 08 January 2006 - 02:04 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,593 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:30 PM

Posted 08 January 2006 - 12:16 PM

I am confused..is autoruns showing these files, but you cant find them? Have you tried booting into safe mode and seeing if you can see them then?

#3 Firerock

Firerock
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 123 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:30 PM

Posted 08 January 2006 - 02:01 PM

Hi,
The files watv03nt.sys and file wanatw4.sys are showing up as file not found in the image path of the autoruns scan. There is no description under description, the box is there with a green check in it next to the name, and your date base search states entry not found. I don't know how to start in safe mode. :thumbsup:

#4 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,593 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:30 PM

Posted 08 January 2006 - 02:58 PM

If you search for those files do they exist?

How to get into safe mode:

Safe Mode

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users