Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

ran SUPER AntiSpyware to rid a virus, all desktop files/programs hidden

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 dukedogalley

dukedogalley

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:06 PM

Posted 12 June 2011 - 07:30 PM

Hello,

I am looking n for some help. I had a virus/malware that kept running a "scan" and directing me to purchase an antivirus program...the scan that was run was called "analyzing PC & stability"...it is similar to a virus that I had a few months back. Previously, I had downloaded SUPER antispyware and it solved my problem. I did the same for this current issue and while it appears to have stopped the malware from prompting the fake scan, all my files and programs are hidden (nothing on desktop or my computer, etc..) Also, when I try to download SUPER antispyware or any other type of antispyware (or download anything for that matter)it will download but then it will not run...it asks me what program I want to use to run the file and nothing seems to work..

I am running Windows XP. Any help will be much appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:06 PM

Posted 12 June 2011 - 07:52 PM

can you post the scan log at all, and does your PC work in safe mode?

#3 dukedogalley

dukedogalley
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 12 June 2011 - 07:56 PM

i can not post the scan log, because i can no longer run the scan and after it ran the first time i rebooted as prompted.

yes, i am running in safe mode now.

#4 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  

Posted 12 June 2011 - 07:59 PM

Navigate to c:\documents and settings\username\application data\Super Antispyware\Super Antispyware\Logs and post the latest one.

#5 dukedogalley

dukedogalley
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 12 June 2011 - 08:11 PM

i cannot, when i try it says file cannot be found.

#6 dukedogalley

dukedogalley
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 12 June 2011 - 08:32 PM

i cannot run any program or open any files.

#7 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  

Posted 12 June 2011 - 08:35 PM

Please follow the instructions in ==>This Guide<==.

Once the proper logs are created, then make a NEW TOPIC and post it ==>HERE<== Please include the link to this topic in your new topic and a description of your computer issues and what you have done to resolve them.

If you can produce at least some of the logs, then please create the new topic and explain what happens when you try to create the log(s) that you couldn't get. If you cannot produce any of the logs, then still post the topic and explain that you followed the Prep. Guide, were unable to create the logs, and describe what happens when you try to create the logs.

Once you have created the new topic, please reply back here with a link to the new topic.

Post the above that although safe mode works you are unable to use it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users