Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Microsoft Photo Editor question?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 dasani

dasani

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:44 AM

Posted 28 October 2004 - 09:26 AM

Thank you so much for letting me join. I,ve been looking for a forum like this.

I had major computer problems a month ago and had to have my Hard Drive reformatted. It works like a charm now but have one thing I would like to change.
When I go to my documents file and open a photo I have saved there, it opens in photo editor. I like the photo editor, but there are some formats that it doesn't support, such as the animated smilies I use for my website.
Is there any way to keep Microsoft Photo Editor on my system but have the photos open on an http page like they did before?

Love your smilie section by the way !!!! :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 KoanYorel

KoanYorel

Bleepin' Conundrum

• Staff Emeritus
  • 19,461 posts
  •  
  • Location:65 miles due East of the "Logic Free Zone", in Md, USA
  • Local time:08:44 AM

Posted 28 October 2004 - 09:46 AM

Welcome to BC!

Open the directory or file holding your pictures.
Click on any photo then on "File" > "open with" > "choose program"
Click on the program you want to open your pictures with and thereafter check the box below that says "Aways use the selected program to open this kind of file". And don't forget to click the "OK" tab at the bottom.

All your photos should then open with the same program.

regards,
~Koan
The only easy day was yesterday.

...some do, some don't; some will, some won't (WR)

#3 dasani

dasani
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:44 AM

Posted 28 October 2004 - 11:28 AM

I attempted to change it as you instructed. When I opened a photo and then clicked on file, my option was "Open" . Couldn't see where it said "Open with" I have Windows 98SE . OS Not sure if it makes a difference. When I click on "Open" it just opens the photo.

#4 KoanYorel

KoanYorel

Bleepin' Conundrum

• Staff Emeritus
  • 19,461 posts
  •  
  • Location:65 miles due East of the "Logic Free Zone", in Md, USA

Posted 28 October 2004 - 11:35 AM

Sorry there dasani,
I didn't take note of your OS.

Try a right click on the photo and see if that opens up the other options.

Otherwise we'll have to wait for someone here more familiar with 98SE.
(I use XP and loooong ago 95.)

regards
~Koan

//Edit//

Rather than click on an individual photo, for 98se you should probably just open the folder/directory that your photos are in; then at the top left of that screen where it says "File", "Edit", "View", etc, - this is where you click on "File" to open all the options.

Edited by KoanYorel, 28 October 2004 - 12:03 PM.

The only easy day was yesterday.

...some do, some don't; some will, some won't (WR)

#5 twistofcain1976

twistofcain1976

• Members
  • 61 posts
  •  

Posted 28 October 2004 - 12:25 PM

From what i recall, it should be in your Control panel/Folder options/ then the "file types" tab
this should at least get you to where all your computers recognized file types are and what program is associated to each
you could scroll through them and change the jpg, gif and other picture type file endings to open with your preferred program.

Could also be in your windows explorer, "tools" crop down menu to get to folder options.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users