Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Help with Gateway GT5656 crashing on boot sequence at startup

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Felix C

Felix C

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:37 AM

Posted 12 June 2011 - 05:09 PM

Hello new guy here,

Have owned my GT5656 since new and never modified it. Recently had prolonged start up sequence with the system occassionally turning off after the Gateway screen flash and boot menu. Gateway tech advised to reinstall Windows Vista. (still same problem) and then later use system recovery disk to repair/reset.(still same problem) This period lasted about 1 week and now the machine turns off after the Gateway boot menu.(no longer enters windows)

Installed a new UPS, a 500W system. System powers on and can hear the fan but same issue as before in that it crashes and turns off entirely after the Gateway Boot Menu.

What else should I try? video card or motherboard? Some other?

I have read a bit more since posting and will check RAM, CMOS, and CPU heatsink/fan as well.

Edited by Felix C, 13 June 2011 - 09:29 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Felix C

Felix C
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:37 AM

Posted 15 June 2011 - 11:46 AM

Update: New motherboard needed as per tech.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users