Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer will not boot to windows

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 kingjd7

kingjd7

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:41 PM

Posted 12 June 2011 - 04:45 PM

I've never had this problem before:

I installed windows 7 onto a 500GB SATA HDD and after the installation completed and the computer restarted, it takes us to a screen that says "Verifying DMI Pool Data...............DISK BOOT FAILURE INSERT SYSTEM DISK AND PRESS ENTER"

The funny part is, when we put another HDD in the computer with an installation of windows on it, IN ADDITION to the one in question, it brings us to a dual boot OS selection, letting us select the Windows installation in question, and access without an issue.

Why will this installation not simply boot when that HDD is the only one installed?

Any help or advice regarding this problem would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,415 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:41 PM

Posted 13 June 2011 - 01:09 PM

My guess...the boot files are on the second drive, not the first.

If this is a dual-boot where Win 7 is the last O/S installed...that would be my guess.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users