Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I Feel Bad For Asking This...

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 pjay88

pjay88

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:00 AM

Posted 08 January 2006 - 12:25 AM

I know I am just another person with the same kind of questions but I am really stumped. I know it must be boring to help the same type of people with the same problems but could someone please help me?

Ok, I have adaware because someone from this site suggested I download it and it has been working wonderfully. Though recently I have had a problem it seems as if though it can solve. Every 10 seconds a little balloon, or rectangular sign with round corners that is a real light yellow with an exclamation and yellow triangle in the top left corner and a pointer t a flashing windows sign in my computers tray in the bottom right corner of my computer screen appears after I close it. It says" Intruder detection! please click here and download the latest malware removal kit and if I click the balloon it redirects me to this website. Also my Internet Explorer was hijacked. Before it was hijacked with Cool Websearch and Search assistant and I had those removed with Hijack this and CWS shredder. Now it redirects me to this Security update page that looks like windows owns it but windows doesn't own it. It's another anti spyware website. So my computer is basically infected with antispyware spyware. I can't fix my problems with these things. I haven't had someone read my hijack this log yet but I'll wait for possible advice from someone kind enough to take their time.

Thanks
P.S. Internet explorer just opened up 8 pages linking to this site spywarestrike.com/?ref=100077
can't you prosecute a website for invasion of privacy?

//Mod edit: Modified hot link to protect

Edited by KoanYorel, 08 January 2006 - 12:36 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Rimmer

Rimmer

• Members
  • 2,159 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:00 PM

Posted 08 January 2006 - 12:45 AM

:thumbsup: to BC pjay88,

No worries, that's what we do here - help people with computer problems.

Yep, looks like you have been hijacked by the latest bogus anti-spyware package:

SpywareStrike spywarestrike.com reported desktop hijacking; uses inadequate scan/detection scheme; same app as AdwareDelete, AntiVirus Gold, & SpyAxe [A: 1-5-06 / U: 1-5-06]

All I can suggest (since I'm not up on this SpyAxe plague) is:

1. Look in the Self-help forum for packaged solutions.
It seems our glorious leader Grinler already has this covered :flowers:
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/40303/how-to-remove-spywarestrike/

2. If you have a problem with #1 submit a HijackThis log for analysis by our experts. If you wish to post an HJT log then please read the 'Preparation Guide' before posting to:
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/Hij...alysis-f22.html

Good luck. :trumpet:

Soltek QBIC, Pentium 4 3.0GHz, 512MB RAM, 200GB SATA HDD, ATI Radeon 9600XT 256MB, Netgear 54Mb/s WAP, ridiculously expensive Satellite Broadband
Windows XP Home SP2, Trend Micro Internet Security, Firefox, Thunderbird, AdAwareSE, Spybot S&D, SpywareBlaster, A-squared Free, Ewido Security Suite.

#3 pjay88

pjay88
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:00 AM

Posted 08 January 2006 - 01:25 AM

Thanks, I appreciate it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users