Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

remove partion due to size

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 I am the Walrus

I am the Walrus

• Members
  • 103 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:30 AM

Posted 12 June 2011 - 02:33 PM

Good Morning, Is it possible to remove a partition I added onto my daughters Acer 3002CLI? She returned from Iraq with the Aspire laptop unable to remember her password. It already had XP Home on it's C drive (20GB)so I attempted to help by installing XP Pro with the intention of a clean install since she felt there was no necessary files on it that needed keeping. Well it seems that in doing so I installed it on a separate partition instead of overwriting/formatting the drive. The partion is only a little more than 2GB so it is constantly making me well aware of it running out of disc space since XP took up most of the space. I can only log onto the small OS though and it won't let me re-install or reattempt my original plan. I'm stuck with how to fix her problem that I feel I made worse(Thanks Dad!). Am I able to remove the drive and maybe reformat from another system? Do I have to replace the HDD? I know it's a small unit an not optimal but it's all she has right now in getting her stuff back to normal after the traumatic Gulf return(ugh). I am confident your expertise in this area can help me(and you)look good in her eyes(actually I'm the only one that suffered). Regards, Walrus

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 MadDawg

MadDawg

• Members
  • 453 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:30 AM

Posted 12 June 2011 - 02:39 PM

This may help: http://pcsupport.about.com/od/operatingsystems/ss/instxpclean1_7.htm

This will allow you to delete any unneeded partitions, so you can install XP with the maximum available space.

Edited by MadDawg, 12 June 2011 - 02:41 PM.

A penguin broke my windows with a half-eaten apple!

#3 I am the Walrus

I am the Walrus
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 103 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:30 AM

Posted 12 June 2011 - 05:57 PM

Wonderful! My daughter and I thank you very much for the help that was so quick and effective in resolving my issue. God Bless, Walrus

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users