Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Question about requesting help...

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 jendoe

jendoe

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:12 AM

Posted 12 June 2011 - 02:21 PM

The "Am I infected" forum has a thread to post if you haven't received a reply after a few days.

Is there a similar process for the "Virus, Trojan, Spyware and Malware removal logs" forum?

I posted about a week ago, and am a little worried that it's fallen far enough down in the forum that no one will see it and respond! ;)

The post is here:
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic402028.html

(And, should I have posted originally in the "Am I Infected" forum instead?)

Thank you, I appreciate the help!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Blade

Blade

Strong in the Bleepforce

• Site Admin
  • 12,702 posts
  •  

Posted 13 June 2011 - 09:10 AM

Hello jendoe.

Is there a similar process for the "Virus, Trojan, Spyware and Malware removal logs" forum?

The short answer is no, there is not. The reason for this is because every topic in that forum is guaranteed a response in time. We have mechanisms in place to ensure that topics there are not overlooked.

New and more devious malware infections are released almost daily. It then takes time for our Team to to investigate, analyze and test removal techniques before we can help members like yourself. Doing that means that we sacrifice speed of response for a quality response that will help remove the malware more effectively.

Our malware removal staff is comprised of team members with various levels of skill and expertise to deal with thousands of malware variants, some more complex than others. Although we try to take DDS/HJT logs in order (starting with the oldest), it is often the skill level of the particular helper and sometimes the operating system that dictates which logs get selected first. Some infections are more complicated than others and require a higher skill level to remove. Without that skill level attempted removal could result in disastrous results. In other instances, the helper may not be familiar with the operating system that you are using, since they use another. In either case, you wouldn't want someone to assist you who is not familiar with your issue and attempt to fix it, would you?

We greatly appreciate your patience. As of this posting your topic is number 4 on the list. Therefore, I would definitely expect a reply today.

Hope that helps,

~Blade

Edited by Blade Zephon, 13 June 2011 - 09:10 AM.

Posted Image

If I am helping you, it has been 48 hours since your last post, and I have yet to reply to your topic, please send me a PM
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook
Follow us on Twitter!
Circle us on Google+

#3 jendoe

jendoe
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 13 June 2011 - 07:39 PM

Blade Zephon - thank you, that was actually enormously helpful! (I didn't realize that all of the posts in that forum were guaranteed a response.)

And, I hope I didn't sound like I was complaining - I'm incredibly grateful that you guys are willing to take the time to study this stuff, and spend your free time helping others out.

Thanks!

#4 Blade

Blade

Strong in the Bleepforce

• Site Admin
  • 12,702 posts
  •  

Posted 13 June 2011 - 07:46 PM

Glad we're able to help. :)

If you check your malware topic you will see that you have a reply. :)

Best of luck.

~Blade

Posted Image

If I am helping you, it has been 48 hours since your last post, and I have yet to reply to your topic, please send me a PM
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook
Follow us on Twitter!
Circle us on Google+

#5 jendoe

jendoe
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 13 June 2011 - 08:26 PM

:) Yup, I've already popped over and posted my very long logs ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users