Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows Security Center and Windows Security Disabled and Google Redirecting Virus

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 Jimthebear2

Jimthebear2

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:05 PM

Posted 12 June 2011 - 01:01 PM

I recently downloaded a program called ccProxy. My add-on WOT warned me that this was a bad site, but I downloaded it anyway. I then got a Google redirecting virus and a virus that kept on disabling my Microsoft Security Center and would close Microsoft security essentials whenever I tried to open it. I went on safe mode and I ran a bunch of scanners such as MalwareBytes, Super Anti-Spyware, Windows Security Essentials (I can open it on safe mode), AVG 2011 and Panda Active Scan 2011. After I destroyed a bunch of viruses nothing happened. How do I fix this? If you need my Hijackthis log I can give it to you.

Edited by Jimthebear2, 12 June 2011 - 03:41 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Jimthebear2

Jimthebear2
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:05 PM

Posted 18 June 2011 - 07:03 AM

SOLVED.

#3 SweetTech

SweetTech

Agent ST

• Members
  • 13,421 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:05 PM

Posted 18 June 2011 - 02:47 PM

Thanks for posting back to inform us that the issues you were originally experiencing have been resolved. We greatly appreciate it.

Please take care!

As this issue has been resolved, this thread will now be closed.

Kindest Regards,
SweetTech.

Have I helped you? If you'd like to assist in the fight against malware, click here Posted Image

The instructions seen in this post have been specifically tailored to this user and the issues they are experiencing with their computer. If you think you have a similar problem, please first read this topic, and then begin your own, new thread. I do not offer private support via Private Message.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users