Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Internet trouble! O' LAWD!

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Peahulk

Peahulk

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:48 PM

Posted 12 June 2011 - 01:00 PM

I've tried every exhaustable option and i am not computer literate but i'm almost prepared to rip my own pubes out with frustration and confusion.

I'm not very computer literate so please forgive me and feel free to throw verbal rotten tomatoes but this is my situation;

Firstly i can't download any updates for any games i have downloaded off of the internet, mostly Battlenet, download works fine but then the updating seems to be the problem with my laptop. Games which i have attempted but failed to stream any updates for are World of Wacraft, Warhammer, Age of Conan to name a few.

Youtube videos simply won't load, full stop. I get the black box, the circular loading indicator, the play button but it will load for a maximum of five seconds before it ceases to work anymore, same with any videos on escapistmagazine.com, cracked.com etc.

Downloads will however work for Steam and i have no problem downloading and playing games from there.

Everythings up to date, shockwave, adobe flash player, java even adobe reader which is irrelevant but regardless. And i'm downloading and uploading at these speeds:

Download speed 3145.03 Kbps (3.07 Mbps)
Upload speed 472.68 Kbps (0.46 Mbps)

I use avast! and can give you system specs if you need them, not that i'd know why you'd need them but yoo no. Whatever helps. I really could use the help because this problems really been niggling me for quite a while and i've tried everything and everywhere (Other forums) and received no help. So any suggestions would receive my eternal gratitude.

Thankee!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Peahulk

Peahulk
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:48 PM

Posted 12 June 2011 - 01:48 PM

Shameful self bump anyone? D:

0 user(s) are reading this topic