Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

BIOS update

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Dfields55

Dfields55

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:28 PM

Posted 12 June 2011 - 10:27 AM

I am new to the forum and if this is not the correct location for this post, please excuse me and direct me to the correct location. I have a Dell Studio 1555 Win 7,and the Dell Support Center tells me there is a BIOS update available. I had a Toshiba at one time and updated the BIOS on it as suggested by Toshiba and it trashed the computer, could not even start it up, had to send it back to the factory and of course took for ever to get it back. Now, I am very concerned about doing any updates to the BIOS. Dell is saying this is a critical BIOS update. Was wondering if any of the experts here may shed some light if this is something I should do or should not do? Thank you for any information you may be able to give on this.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 petewills

petewills

• Members
  • 1,377 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:28 PM

Posted 12 June 2011 - 11:04 AM

The general view would be 'If it ain't broke', etc.

What are the critical features of the BIOS update, do you need them.

If you Google 'Dell Studio 1555 Win 7 BIOS Update', you will find responses which indicate that it may not be a good idea.

Flashing the BIOS can be risky, as you already know. Your decision.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users