Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How do I restore with macrium reflect free?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 sosolidj4tt

sosolidj4tt

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:26 PM

Posted 12 June 2011 - 08:56 AM

when u read the description of this topic and saw it read 'Overwrite" u might be like thts wht u are suppose to do when u restore...
well i have seen thousands of videos on how to restore USING MACRIUM REFLECT FREE but they tend to goof around with other partitions which i dont know y but they do... i only have one partition and I DO NOT WANT IT SPLIT ANY HHD VIRTUALY OR MAKE ANY PARTITION SMALL IN SIZE... I just want to simply overwrite my WHOLE hard drive with another image i took of my WHOLE hard drive last novemberish with Macrium. I want to restore it because of my computer being slow and i see malware traces which even rkill cant seem to shut down permanently... i got a hp windows xp sp 3 desktop very old but still working :thumbup2:

I am asking this question here and not on their support page because they dont let u ask if u have the free edition *cough* profit *cough* (sigh some people are just not friendly like the bleeping computer community :thumbsup: )

-and please it would be nice to get a reply from someone who used this program before and btw i cant make another image using a different program because my hhd is already acting stupid and i dont want a image of the bleep its now in lol-

Edited by hamluis, 12 June 2011 - 09:12 AM.
Moved from XP to All Other Applications.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Eyesee

Eyesee

Bleepin Teck Shop

• BC Advisor
  • 3,545 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:26 AM

Posted 14 June 2011 - 12:20 AM

Hello and welcome to the forum!

Please do not type in shorthand. We have many visually impaired people on the forum that use text readers. As well as our foreign language friends that will be confused by it.
Please write in complete sentences.

What is the make/model of the system?
What guarantee do you have that you simply wont put the problem right back out there again?

Is a clean install an option?
That is what I would do.
In the beginning there was the command line.

#3 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,643 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:26 AM

Posted 14 June 2011 - 07:04 AM

When you restore the image you will be asked to where you want to restore it. Just choose c: drive (which I assume is the designation of the drive you want to overwrite).

#4 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,394 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:26 AM

Posted 14 June 2011 - 03:48 PM

Looking at the Macrium Reflect GUI it looks very straight forward.
If you imaged your entire drive, then when you click on restore image you
would be offered to restore entire drive.
You can also choose to restore just one or more partitions.
Here is what I am going by: [Need Info] How to Restore Image using Macrium Reflect - Software | DSLReports Forums

A friendly reminder---immediately update Windows, Flash, Adobe Reader and Java. Those are the most vulnerable to malware.
“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users