Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Google Search Keeps Redirecting

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 armaando

armaando

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:08 PM

Posted 12 June 2011 - 06:00 AM

Hello!

Anyway whenever i do searches on Google and Yahoo (havent tried the other search engines)(ON IE AND CHROME), the link to the search results redirects automatically to other sites such a 3nic.com, newsrelief.com, daytonabike.us, visacentre.us and then to a malicious website as indicated by my McAfee site Advisor. This morning my computer had the Hardware Disc Diagnostic and I followed instructions as of another thread.

However, this redirection thing has been ongoing since the onset of the earlier malware. After using MBAM (only quick scan works, the full scan never makes it all the way) and SuperAntiSpyware, there have been problems detected (Trojan.Agent, and a few Adawares and Fake somethings) and have been removed. After that I used the online ESET scan and there was a trojan detected and it got removed. The problem still remains.

What should I do?

On a side note, my start menu items are still empty, including the programmes in the all programme directory. I used the unhide.exe several times without any antivirus software running but they didnt work.

Greatly appreciate your help.

Edited by hamluis, 12 June 2011 - 01:09 PM.
No logs, moved from MRL to AII.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users