Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Muted Sound

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 IdahoBiker

IdahoBiker

• Members
  • 128 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:56 AM

Posted 12 June 2011 - 04:05 AM

Brand New System.
Have a New Monitor with Built in Speakers (ASUS VE278Q), I have them connected to the Green Port on the MB, no matter what I do I can't get sound, any ideas???
This is strictly Temporary for about 2 weeks until I get my 7.1 Surround Sound Set Up....But it would still be nice to Hear things.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,406 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:56 AM

Posted 12 June 2011 - 01:30 PM

Did this monitor come with drivers? Did you read the manual...before starting to use...to check for tidbits of useful info?

Louis

#3 IdahoBiker

IdahoBiker
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 128 posts
  •  

Posted 12 June 2011 - 05:23 PM

Did this monitor come with drivers? Did you read the manual...before starting to use...to check for tidbits of useful info?

Louis

No, Monitor came as Plug 'n Play with No Drivers, YES I read the MB Manual extensively...
Asus manual said to use Green Port for Speakers, and Gigabyte said to Use Green Port as Default for 2-Speaker Desktop Sound.
Checked all my Sound devices, and Adjustments, everything is enabled and supposedly working fine.

#4 dpunisher

dpunisher

• BC Advisor
  • 2,234 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:56 AM

Posted 12 June 2011 - 05:34 PM

First, right click the speaker icon on the task bar, select "Playback Devices", verify "speakers" is selected. If it is, plug in some headphones/other speakers to eliminate the monitor as a problem.

Are your speakers enabled in the monitor's config?

Out of simple ideas here.

I am a retired Ford tech. Next to Fords, any computer is a piece of cake. (The cake, its not a lie)

3770K @4.5, Corsair H100, GTX780, 16gig Samsung, Obsidian 700 (yes there is a 700)

#5 TheShooter93

TheShooter93

Cody

• Malware Response Team
  • 4,792 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:56 AM

Posted 13 June 2011 - 10:40 AM

Click Start.

In the search bar type devmgmt.msc and hit Enter.

Click the + next to the pane Sound, Video and Game Controllers so it expands, showing all installed hardware.

Take a screenshot of this window and attach the file in your next post.

[I prefer screenshots, but if this is impossible or would require a tremendous amount of time and effort for some reason, an exact report of the mentioned entries would suffice. Include any ! X or ?'s next to the entries.]

To post a screen shot of the active window, hold the Alt key and press the PrtScn key. Open the Windows PAINT application and Paste the screen shot. You can then use PAINT to trim to suit, and save it as a JPG format file. To upload it to the forum, open the full reply window and use the Manage Attachments button to upload it here.

Edited by TheShooter93, 13 June 2011 - 10:40 AM.

CCNA R&SCCNA Security | Network+  |  B.S. - Information Technology | Cyber Security Engineer

If I am helping you and have not replied within 48 hours, please send me a private message.

#6 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,574 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:56 AM

Posted 13 June 2011 - 10:53 AM

And please - as simplistic as this may sound - make sure audio isn't muted.

#7 IdahoBiker

IdahoBiker
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 128 posts
  •  

Posted 13 June 2011 - 06:20 PM

And please - as simplistic as this may sound - make sure audio isn't muted.

That was my First thought...But, NO it is Not Muted.
Reminds me of the Old "Common Sense", Seen Many Peeps start Up a Bike and Wonder why it doesn't stay running
My 1st Question is ALWAYS: Did You Turn on the Gas???

#8 IdahoBiker

IdahoBiker
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 128 posts
  •  

Posted 13 June 2011 - 06:27 PM

Click Start.

In the search bar type devmgmt.msc and hit Enter.

Click the + next to the pane Sound, Video and Game Controllers so it expands, showing all installed hardware.

Take a screenshot of this window and attach the file in your next post.

[I prefer screenshots, but if this is impossible or would require a tremendous amount of time and effort for some reason, an exact report of the mentioned entries would suffice. Include any ! X or ?'s next to the entries.]

To post a screen shot of the active window, hold the Alt key and press the PrtScn key. Open the Windows PAINT application and Paste the screen shot. You can then use PAINT to trim to suit, and save it as a JPG format file. To upload it to the forum, open the full reply window and use the Manage Attachments button to upload it here.

Okay Here it is

[attachment=99744:My Device Manager.jpg]

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users