Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Critical error damaged hard drive clusters detected??

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Mitann

Mitann

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:08 PM

Posted 12 June 2011 - 03:16 AM

Hi. I'm new here. Am hoping someone can help me with my infected computer.

First off; I have Windows Vista, Dell Dimension, McAfee Antivirus.

My McAfee alerted me to a found trojan and said it got rid of it. Shortly after I started having computer issues and the following message came up:

Critical error damaged hard drive clusters detected?? Private data is at risk!!

Then it says there is no disc space.

I went to another computer to try to find some answers. It was suggested to run Dell Diagnostics and I did that, going through the memory and all hard drives. It came up with no problems. I then went to Device Manager and started looking into that when the error messages came up again.

Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks

Edited by hamluis, 12 June 2011 - 07:14 AM.
Moved from Vista to Am I Infected.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jodav

jodav

• Members
  • 435 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:08 AM

Posted 12 June 2011 - 03:44 AM

Have a read of this to see if it relates to your problem or not Mitann

#3 diaguangs

diaguangs

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:08 PM

Posted 12 June 2011 - 02:12 PM

Hi, I have the same problem as you do, and happened to me this afternoon.
Is your problem solved?

#4 tom.m

tom.m

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:08 AM

Posted 15 June 2011 - 04:50 AM

Hi,

I have the same problem too as outlines in the linked article. The only problem is that I have shut my laptop and it now won't load windows it keeps going into the system recovery and then says that the problem cannot be fixed automatically.

Any ideas??

Any help would be most appreciated

Thanks

#5 Mitann

Mitann
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:08 PM

Posted 17 June 2011 - 10:06 PM

Sorry I haven't replied before now..

Jodav....thanks for your suggestion. It may have been the problem, however, nothing came up requesting that I download or purchase anything. I thought perhaps I didn't leave my computer on long enough for this to appear, so I started it up again, and let it run. This time "Quest Installer" alerted me that it had stopped a Trojan 32 from my computer. I ran McAfee full scan and Adware. Both indicated no virus but Adware indicated 3 trojans, which it said it removed. Since then I Haven't had any trouble until today, and now my Photoshop can't load. When my computer comes on it shows alot of numbers running fast as it says "booting." I've never seen that.

If anyone has any suggestions, it would be appreciated. The other 2 posters above, do you still have problems?

Hi, I have the same problem as you do, and happened to me this afternoon.
Is your problem solved?

Do you still have trouble?

Hi,

I have the same problem too as outlines in the linked article. The only problem is that I have shut my laptop and it now won't load windows it keeps going into the system recovery and then says that the problem cannot be fixed automatically.

Any ideas??

Any help would be most appreciated

Thanks

Do you still have trouble?

#6 ghettodog

ghettodog

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:08 PM

Posted 21 November 2011 - 12:57 PM

I had the same prob and did all kinds of stuff that didnt work.A friend told me it might be 1 of those fake alert viruses, so i ran the fake alert program i got and it worked. This fake alert will tell u that ur putor has all kinds of stuff wrong. Try that.. if that dont work do a safe mode restore.Good Luck .Ghettodog

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users