The following are my Laptop's specs,
1. Intel Core i3 330M/2.13 GHz
2. 4 Gig RAM
3. Windows 7 Home Premium / 64 bit
4. nVidia GeForce 310M
I have a 4 Mbps DSL connection and getting a good internet speed. For the past few weeks, I am experiencing the following issues,
1. Google search links are taking me to some other sites which look malicious; heard that its kind of browser hijacking
2. Unable to start windows security center services; tried doing it manually through services.msi but it goes off again
3. Web page loading takes many seconds which never happened before; safe mode browsing is much faster
4. Action center notifies Solve a problem with Windows Explorer but nothing happens when I click that link
I tried different antivirus, malware removal programs but no threats were found on my computer. Did a ESET online scan and it populated the following results,
C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Conviction\src\system\ubiorbitapi_r2.dll a variant of Win32/Packed.VMProtect.AAA trojan
C:\Users\Sowmi\AppData\Roaming\IDM\DwnlData\Sowmi\KV11_47\KV11.rar Win32/HackTool.Patcher.A application
Not sure how to go about this issue, any help is much appreciated!
Edited by hamluis, 12 June 2011 - 01:17 PM.
No logs, moved from MRL to AII.